Talk

Advanced search

Why are the BNP missing out on a really obvious vote-winning tactic?

(15 Posts)
SolidGoldBrass Fri 12-Jun-09 13:28:59

IF giving up being racist twats is not an option, they could always try being unbelievably harsh on peedaphils! Vote BNP and we will not only make it legal to castrate them all with rusty scissors but we will run a lottery every month so that you TOO got get a go at wielding those scissors! That might really help them win more votes from the frustrated, disenfranchised and not-very-clever (even better: why not claim that all peedaphils are non-white and/or child abuse increases exponentially with immigration...)
I wonder why they haven't thought of this one. Are they just too stupid, or do they think that child abuse is kind of OK because after all children, like women, are men's property to do with as they like...

SolidGoldBrass Fri 12-Jun-09 13:29:58

Oh and I am now off to work, so expect to come back to a nice lively debate....
TIA.

Rhubarb Fri 12-Jun-09 13:31:59

I don't get your point. You say that if the BNP were to come down tough to paedophiles then more people would vote for them? Even though they are racist twats?

Nope, sorry, I can't quite see where you are going with this one.

oodlesofpoodles Fri 12-Jun-09 13:34:52

When Nick Griffin was interviewed by Bill on Breakfast, Bill asked what he would do if his Asian constituents would go to him for advice. He said that its not an Asian problem, but a Muslim problem, he would expect the Muslim constituents to go to the Labour MEP but he would talk to the Sikhs as Sikh girls are preyed upon by Muslim peodophiles just as much as white girls are.

Not the first time I have heard him talk about Muslim Peadophiles. I don't think he wants to draw attention to the fact that most sex crimes are carried out by white people.

duchesse Fri 12-Jun-09 13:46:28

Quite frankly, a fair number of sex crimes are probably carried out by the sociopaths that are his natural constituents... No wonder he wants to draw attention away from them.

GrandadOnagar Fri 12-Jun-09 13:46:36

I do know what you mean because I saw the other thread about protest votes etc, but I think Labour already copyrighted this one with "Tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime"

Okay, not quite so extreme, but they all grab causes which sound good to get votes. I wouldn't put it past the BNP to grab this one (I shall blame you if they do ) and it would fit their style wouldn't it.

junglist1 Fri 12-Jun-09 14:04:27

Are you saying that the way they've used immigration to get votes they could use an anti paedo message to get more votes from people too ignorant to see what the BNP is really about? Sorry that's the worse sentence I've ever written blush

Rhubarb Fri 12-Jun-09 14:05:15

Ah, haven't seen the other thread, perhaps if I did this one would make sense.

MrsMerryHenry Fri 12-Jun-09 14:07:05

SGB I thought your suggestion for their vote-winning strategy would be: "hang themselves". That would get them loads of votes.

<<shuffles off, disappointed>>

Tidey Fri 12-Jun-09 14:07:16

It's bad enough that they got any votes, which I can only assume is because people voted purely on the immigration issue without looking at their policies in any more detail. Either that or the people that voted for them were just a bunch of racist arses. In any case, don't give them ideas.

SolidGoldBrass Fri 12-Jun-09 17:09:58

Junglist: Yes. Given that they are trying to remarket themselves as oh no, not racist, ooh not at all, just horrible morons standing up for Traditional Values (though they don't seem to know what those are...).
It just seems like such an obvious vote-winner that I don't know why they haven't tried it given that they have been marketing themselves as (for instance) the only people who care about getting your bin emptied or providing enough parking spaces...

MaggieBee Fri 12-Jun-09 17:45:46

I know what you mean. I feel that Sinn Fein (political wing of IRA) have cheated by offering up a couple of policies that would be genuinely beneficial and progressive. Nothing to do with politics. To do with education or health. I still won't vote for them.... But I see the point SGB. I think. The other parties should be careful. Why can't they cheat by offering the obvious.

knockedgymnast Fri 12-Jun-09 18:06:38

(even better: why not claim that all peedaphils are non-white and/or child abuse increases exponentially with immigration...)

Because they are clever in the way they sell their ideas. Most paedophiles aren't non-white as far as I know. Granted, people who voted for them must have had something missing, but do you really think a lot of people would fall for it, yet again blaming the immigrants?

Oh yeah, that's what happened!! grin

I too SGB, am suprised that they haven't come up with ideas like this, although there's still time grin Around my area they've already blamed immigrants for global warming due to traffic increase hmm

I really think that the word immigrant should be redefined in the English Dictionary as 'someone who is blamed for everything bad in the world'

These scum (BNP) will never cease to amaze me!

junglist1 Fri 12-Jun-09 18:58:10

Yep, immigrants are also to blame for MRSA in our hospitals because there's so many of them cleaners can't even mop round em hmm

SolidGoldBrass Fri 12-Jun-09 21:42:29

I do wonder if we havne't maybe identified the fundamental, endless shittiness of the BNP mindset in their not having picked this as a tactic. They don't actually care enough about child abuse for it to have occurred to them. Because they are mainly made up of the sort of straight-boy-whitey morons who don't think that children matter in the same way that they don't think women are people - to them, the only people who 'matter' are white heterosexual males, and everyone else is property/fair game.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now