Talk

Advanced search

To hate and despise balloons with a passion!

(13 Posts)
Pheebe Fri 12-Jun-09 13:15:34

Yes its probably trival but I have decided I absolutely hate the farking things. Everywhere we go we seem to get offered balloons which then send the kids hyper, they start hitting each other and me with them, then they pop and scare them and it all ends in tears.

I hate being hit with them, it absolutely infuriates me which I know is OTT but it does.

I try and minimise the damage and DS1 knows if he wants to keep a ballon he needs to keep it away from me.

Am I the only one???

DaveTheBloke Fri 12-Jun-09 13:18:28

no. they go right through me. can't breath wen they're about.

JoPie Fri 12-Jun-09 13:21:44

My mam was totally phobic about balloons, went mental if you brought one near her. I don't think its that uncommon.

laloue Fri 12-Jun-09 13:21:44

likewise...can't breathe and i work in a shop where we hand them out

moonmother Fri 12-Jun-09 13:24:39

I'm allergic to them(well latex), so can't have them in the house...so my Dc's know never to ask for them. grin

Luckily they don't seem to have worked out yet , that they could have the foil ones, as they wouldn't affect me.

Bucharest Fri 12-Jun-09 13:29:10

Oh, I thought it was just me! I hate them. Hate the bloody things. Hate the noise, the feel, the whole when-is-this-bloody-great-sqwodgy-thing-going-to-explode-on-me.

When dd gets one from a party, they have a habit of disappearing......a phantom balloon thief must let them out of the kitchen window in the night. blush

happywomble Fri 12-Jun-09 13:30:36

I don't like them but do put a few up for my childrens parties. I make sure they are tied to the ceiling as some children get very frightened when they pop.

I hate it when mass balloon releases are organised like in the madeleine campaign due to the environmental impact.

Callisto Fri 12-Jun-09 13:40:40

Balloons kill turtles. I hate them too (unless they are the eco-friendly biodegradable ones).

screamingabdab Fri 12-Jun-09 13:53:40

DS1 is balloon phobic. Parties were difficult, and I grew to hate the sight of littlies stomping on balloons.

I have now successfully treated DS1 using Systematic Desensitisation, which for a small fee grin, I will share with you ........

Pheebe Fri 12-Jun-09 14:38:52

Thank God I'm not alone grin

Bucharest that is exactly how I feel about them! Not sure I can get away with calling it a phobia as I'm not exactly scared of them, they just make me angry hmm. Weirdly, I have a mild latex allergy but balloons themselves have never set it off.

screamingabdad I'm quite happy with my avoidance tactic for now thanks smile

smellen Fri 12-Jun-09 14:42:38

I met a physio who had worked with brain damaged kids who had injested bits of burst balloons and suffocated themselves. After that little story, I watch the DSs like a hawk when they have balloons.

screamingabdab Fri 12-Jun-09 14:43:10

AAAh, but avoidance builds fear ..........

Stigaloid Fri 12-Jun-09 14:52:32

I hate them with a passion.

And swans too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now