Talk

Advanced search

neighbours from hell

(6 Posts)
pinklady5 Wed 10-Jun-09 22:26:18

hi, need advice please as feeling very down today sad we have had awful trouble with our next door neighbours for the last 3 years , a couple moved in2 a house facing mine 2 years ago & in the last 5 months or so has started knocking on my door for company , she often stays for 5-6 hours at a time & i have babysat for her a few times as i thought we were friends but on Sunday she kept asking A LOT of questions about why i don't talk to my next door neighbour & i stupidly told her about all the horrible things my neighbour has done on us , the next day i saw her going in2 my next door neighbours house hmm now i feel dreadful for trusting her . any advice please as i have a nasty feeling she is out to stir up trouble ,

mrsruffallo Wed 10-Jun-09 22:47:39

You need to distance yourself. Don't tell her anything else, and be busy the next few times she comes round.
Maybe she is just being friendly and trying to meet everyone in the neighbourhood, so don't jump to conclusions.
Relax, don't worry about things that haven't happened yet. Just keep yourself to yourself when it comes to the neighbours

SouthMum Thu 11-Jun-09 09:47:54

Ahh I too have learned the hard way not to trust a neighbour.

Don't fret, chances are nothing has been said but if there is any comeback just do what I did and wallow in denial. If the Troublesome Neighbours ever bring it up you can say "no what I said was we have had our spats in the past like most neighbours do, and now you mention it I did want to clear the air.....yadda yadda yadda"

pinklady5 Thu 11-Jun-09 13:40:26

thanks girls for the advice , i haven't slept very well the last couple of nights ,
i felt so stupid for opening my mouth to her kicking myself ever since , blush yes you are both right i need 2 distance myself & not always be at the ready to have her sitting here for hours on end ,
southmum ive been trying to clear the air with next door for the last 3 years , they are all false smiles to our faces then go out of their way to annoy us , eg if i move my car from outside my house they pull their cars up into my parking space, pick on my 10 yr old son , the list is endless , we are so fed up with it all now we are thinking of moving ,

SouthMum Thu 11-Jun-09 14:46:07

Ahh Pinklady, that sounds a bit worse then than your average "you cut my hedge to far back" dispute!

Really please try not to worry about it, I very much doubt it would have cropped up in conversation x

pinklady5 Thu 11-Jun-09 15:14:10

thanks southmum , its hard to believe but we actually were friendly towards each other when she moved in although looking back it was always me making the effort blush but then her ds decided he didn't want 2 play with my ds anymore so she invited all my ds friends in2 her house on playdates & would leave my ds outside looking at all his friends playing in there , she did this ALOT & would open all doors & windows so he could hear them play , this has gone on for the last 3 years summer holidays , sad then last year things got really bad when we built a playroom on2 our house , she actually said 2 my ds 1 day , oh im sick of hearing about your stupid SHED [HMM] strange because we never spoke to her about it . i'm always very careful that all noise of the building stopped at 7pm because like myself she has young children ,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now