Talk

Advanced search

to want DD to stop playing this game

(4 Posts)
ilovetiramisu Wed 10-Jun-09 17:25:55

DD is 4 and has made a new friend a few months younger. Everytime they're together they want to play mummies and babies which seems to consist of her lying on her back with her legs in the air while friend pretends to wipe her bottom and change her nappy. Yesterday her friend had lifted up her top so DD could have breast milk. I've tried to distract them with other games etc rather than make a fuss over it but am now getting fed up with it. Any ideas?

belgo Wed 10-Jun-09 17:29:24

YABU. Sounds quite sweet really. Not sure why it bothers you.

They'll soon grow bored of it, unless you make a fuss and try and stop them playing it.

IneedacleanerIamalazyslattern Wed 10-Jun-09 17:30:08

Let them play it? I genuinely don't see what the problem is, they are not playing mmmies and daddies and simulating the conception they are emulating what is normal baby care and IMHO this is not harmful or bad in any way.
What is it that particulalry bothers you about it?

ilovetiramisu Wed 10-Jun-09 17:47:28

I have been consciously trying not to make an issue of it and when DS2 was born she used to pretend to nurse her dolls which was fine. I think what bothers me is the touching and it being with another child rather than just a doll. The other girl is a nice kid and I know they're just playing but I want to make sure she grows up with a respect for her body and seeing her poked and prodded makes me uncomfortable. Yes I know that's my issue not hers but she is my PFB.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now