Talk

Advanced search

To take dogs bedding (towels and old quilt) to a laundry and not use my new washing machine?

(17 Posts)
MadameCastafiore Wed 10-Jun-09 17:05:41

Because they are smelly and hairy and I don't want to use my new washing machine!

Would it be really bad to go to one of those places where I sit and wait for a wash to be done (so not the one Mr Opodopoulos owns with service washes!) so they don't know that I have had smelly hairy stuff in there?

ilovesprouts Wed 10-Jun-09 17:13:47

yes. i always wash mine after my main wash and i also clean the wash out after it seems to me you dont want hairs over your own stuff but .you would put in local laundrette,to go all over other peoples clothes so yes UABU !!

Alambil Wed 10-Jun-09 17:15:57

wash them once a week so they never get that bad....

the hairs never go over my mum's stuff after she does the two dogs' duvets, so I think you are worrying for nothing

Itsjustafleshwound Wed 10-Jun-09 17:16:04

I can't believe you even asked this - YES!!

MadameCastafiore Wed 10-Jun-09 17:18:10

Ooohhhh no the hair hangs around in the washing machine and does stick to other stuff even when you run an empty wash with a cleaner in the machine - isn't that what launderettes and laundry services are for so you don't have to use your own machine to wash vile stuff?

SusieDerkins Wed 10-Jun-09 17:21:07

YABVU.

I always put my washing machine on a hot empty wash when I've washed the dog's stuff. Otherwise you get hairs all over everything in the next wash. Bleurgh.

GrimmaTheNome Wed 10-Jun-09 17:23:19

YABU.

You need to trade in your dog for a shorthaired, unsmelly low-shed model like a dachshund. grin

ilovesprouts Wed 10-Jun-09 17:23:24

it smaks double standerds to me u dont want it on your stuff but its ok for other ppl to have your dog hair is it then !! like i said i dont have any hair stuck om my stuff even after i do the pets bedding grin

TubOfLardWithInferiorRange Wed 10-Jun-09 17:24:33

I think you should take all your dirty laundry to the laundry and keep your new machine clean! Def.

ilovesprouts Wed 10-Jun-09 17:25:02

sd i do that too and no dog hairs stick on my stuff

TubOfLardWithInferiorRange Wed 10-Jun-09 17:25:44

Oooh-I have a no shed-there are several breeds! Or, just shave the dog.

HuffwardlyRudge Wed 10-Jun-09 17:30:02

It's a horribly antisocial and selfish thing to consider doing.

GrimmaTheNome Wed 10-Jun-09 17:32:29

If they are so bad you don't want them in your machine, chuck them, buy new (ie buy yourself new towels and donate your old ones to dog) and then wash them before they get disgusting.[stern look]

expatinscotland Wed 10-Jun-09 17:34:51

Gross! Why do you let your dog bed get so bad? That's rank. Pitch it out and go and watch a few episodes of Kim and Aggie to get some tips on how to better keep house.

cheshirekitty Wed 10-Jun-09 20:18:06

You can buy plastic bags that melt in the washing machine. They are used in care homes for incontinant people so faeces and urine do not wreck their machines.

You can probably buy them from shops like Able world etc.

YABU to put your dogs duvet in a launderette and not your own washing machine, but I understand why you would not want your new machine to be messed.

TubOfLardWithInferiorRange Wed 10-Jun-09 23:37:40

I hate to be dense but I don't understand how the melting bags help keep the washer clean?

OddHair Wed 10-Jun-09 23:40:39

No, YANBU - launderette machines have industrial strength filters that deal with stuff like this. Your domestic machine doesn't. I'd do exactly the same.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now