Talk

Advanced search

To not want DH to go fishing 30 miles out to sea 5 days before my due date?

(4 Posts)
Cillapops Wed 10-Jun-09 13:33:40

My DH is a fishing fanatic and goes about once a month. Each trip is a full day and starts with him waking me and DD at around 5.30am as he leaves. He re-appears around 8pm and spends the rest of the evening cleaning his kit so I am well and truly on my own all day.

He has a trip on the calendar which is only 5 days before my due date with baby no 2. AIBU to not want him to go as it leaves me on my own wiht DD1 (when I could really do with a break) and that this means he could be stuck 30 miles out in the middle of the Channel when I need him.

If I complain I just get him going on and on about how he needs a break as he has to go to work and I am stopping him from having any fun etc etc and that he has already paid for it so he absolutely must go. Don't I get a break????

SouthMum Wed 10-Jun-09 13:37:22

YANBU - there is the slightest chance you will go into labour on this day so he needs to be around. Simple as that.

mamadiva Wed 10-Jun-09 13:55:50

In all fairness I don't think men realise how sensitive it is to be a pregnant woman! They don't seem to get that (for once) they are needed.

My DP pissed off to Glasgow to visit his family a week before my due date he was gone for 4 days and I was not amused but there was a christening, not that I cared I just wanted him there but his control freak mother managed to persuade him I'd be fine. We live away up in the Highlands so a 5 hour train journey if I had gone into labour!

Selfish buggers and YANBU!

FabulousBakerGirl Wed 10-Jun-09 13:58:44

Firstly - you need to tell him to get up quietly as to not wake you up or sleep somewhere else the night before.

He doesn't have to go. He has chosen to go and presumably he knew when your due date is when he booked it.

If you have already made it clear you don't want him to go I wouldn't ask him again but make it very clear that if you go into labour ringing him will not be priority and you will need serious making up done if he misses the birth.

Nagging will get you nowhere imo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now