Talk

Advanced search

Am i being unreasonable to expect my son to wear his sisters handmedowns

(11 Posts)
windcycle Wed 10-Jun-09 00:45:42

To start off

Last year my husband lost his job and we both ended up on benifits, we had no savings so things have been very tight. I buy my children what i can but lately my son has had a massive growth spurt

i cannot afford to buy him new trainers or trousers atm so ive given him his sisters old clothes ( they arnt very girly) am i being unreasonable ?

S1ur Wed 10-Jun-09 00:50:03

How old is he?

Have you tried freecycle etc? smile

<disclaimer> my son wears virtually all handmedowns and some from his sis

FenellaFudge Wed 10-Jun-09 00:50:33

I would say trousers in particular tend to be cut specifically for girls/ boys.
Your ds may be uncomfortable physically in the hand-me-downs.
Although, saying that, maybe not such an issue in younger kids - how old are they?

S1ur Wed 10-Jun-09 00:52:46

yy trouser and cut bias <nods vigourously>

Isn't it weird how they cut for skinny fit for girls and gangsta style baggy for boys... at ages 3-4 hmm

FenellaFudge Wed 10-Jun-09 00:55:14

V. true slur.
Ds (3) today had on a pair of super skinny jeans for the first time - looked great but I kept having to do a double take as it was such an odd outline for him!

lockets Wed 10-Jun-09 00:55:38

Message withdrawn

marmitebabe Wed 10-Jun-09 11:00:53

"windcycle" having a wind up day folks.....

whoisasking Wed 10-Jun-09 11:02:26

I make my DS wear skirts and lipstick to school. So, no, I don't think you're being Unreasonable.

SouthMum Wed 10-Jun-09 11:06:14

You poor thing, your hubby is a jobless tranny who pisses the bed and your son is now also cross dressing.

hmm

pingping Wed 10-Jun-09 11:14:59

LMFAO SouthMum

psychomum5 Wed 10-Jun-09 11:18:54

seeing as you have not much money, then he cannot have his hair cut, so soon enough he will look like a girl anyway and it won;t really matter will it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now