Talk

Advanced search

Am i being unreasonable to expect my son to wear his sisters handmedowns

(11 Posts)
windcycle Wed 10-Jun-09 00:45:42

To start off

Last year my husband lost his job and we both ended up on benifits, we had no savings so things have been very tight. I buy my children what i can but lately my son has had a massive growth spurt

i cannot afford to buy him new trainers or trousers atm so ive given him his sisters old clothes ( they arnt very girly) am i being unreasonable ?

S1ur Wed 10-Jun-09 00:50:03

How old is he?

Have you tried freecycle etc? smile

<disclaimer> my son wears virtually all handmedowns and some from his sis

FenellaFudge Wed 10-Jun-09 00:50:33

I would say trousers in particular tend to be cut specifically for girls/ boys.
Your ds may be uncomfortable physically in the hand-me-downs.
Although, saying that, maybe not such an issue in younger kids - how old are they?

S1ur Wed 10-Jun-09 00:52:46

yy trouser and cut bias <nods vigourously>

Isn't it weird how they cut for skinny fit for girls and gangsta style baggy for boys... at ages 3-4 hmm

FenellaFudge Wed 10-Jun-09 00:55:14

V. true slur.
Ds (3) today had on a pair of super skinny jeans for the first time - looked great but I kept having to do a double take as it was such an odd outline for him!

lockets Wed 10-Jun-09 00:55:38

Message withdrawn

marmitebabe Wed 10-Jun-09 11:00:53

"windcycle" having a wind up day folks.....

whoisasking Wed 10-Jun-09 11:02:26

I make my DS wear skirts and lipstick to school. So, no, I don't think you're being Unreasonable.

SouthMum Wed 10-Jun-09 11:06:14

You poor thing, your hubby is a jobless tranny who pisses the bed and your son is now also cross dressing.

hmm

pingping Wed 10-Jun-09 11:14:59

LMFAO SouthMum

psychomum5 Wed 10-Jun-09 11:18:54

seeing as you have not much money, then he cannot have his hair cut, so soon enough he will look like a girl anyway and it won;t really matter will it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: