Talk

Advanced search

to feel my heart hurting everytime summer comes around..

(10 Posts)
LolaTheShowgirl Tue 09-Jun-09 13:58:22

..because everyone seems to be jetting off abroad? I get really depressed. The last time I went on holiday abroad was 12 years ago. The furthest I've been since then is to Blackpool. I'm feeling awfully sorry for myself, aren't I? I just get sick of the same old, same old.

FenellaFudge Tue 09-Jun-09 14:03:50

Do you mean you haven't been for financial reasons?
Decide where you would like to go, look into cost and promise yourself that you will put a bit aside and you will go next year or even the year after?
Maybe go out of season?

VinegarTits Tue 09-Jun-09 14:09:06

going abroad is not all its cracked up to be, there are some beautiful places in UK, you only have to travel an extra hour from Blackpool and you will be in the Lake District, loads of places to camp there so you could go away quite cheaply and have just as nice a time imo

BitOfFun Tue 09-Jun-09 14:23:52

That's what I usually do Vinnytits...plus you don't have to go through customs wink

nevergonnapost Tue 09-Jun-09 14:31:29

i just want to go back to cornwall it is like a physical ache it is definately my spiritual home.sob

FenellaFudge Tue 09-Jun-09 14:33:30

Oh yes, agree about UK holidays.
On my list of places I want to visit I'm far more eager to see some of those in the UK, but I honestly dont think it works out cheaper, not even now with the exchange rate.

VinegarTits Tue 09-Jun-09 14:49:32

excatly bof, means you can carry you stash of dupe in your pocket instead of smuggling it in your knickers, unless you like having it down your knickers that is? grin

bargainhuntingbetty Tue 09-Jun-09 14:52:29

I go holiddying in Britain every year and I have to say we love it although having went to eurodisney and Paris in October (30th birthdday treat from my dad) I now have the bug to take the dcs further afield. When I questioned them about this however they said 'but then there will be no theme parks and clubs at night shock. I am fighting a losing battle as I am the only one in my house who wants to do something more exciting next year. Going to Cleethorpes this year.

EyeballshasBackBoobs Tue 09-Jun-09 15:15:19

Me too nevergonnapost. I adore Cornwall and feel totally at home when I'm there. I ache for it to but as have just got back, won't be going again for a while. I have done a fair amount of travelling but really I'm happy in the UK/Ireland.

Gateau Tue 09-Jun-09 15:24:32

OP, have you not been abroad for financial reasons? Have a look on the internet - there are some very good deals around.
Love going abroad, TBH. I don't feel I've had a proper holiday unless I physically leave British land.
Yes, I do love the UK and Ireland - we love camping and do lots of day trips here there and everywhere, but for my main holiday I like to really get away and experience a different culture, food and (mostly)good weather.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now