Talk

Advanced search

To be slightly miffed that the babysitter won't take DS

(11 Posts)
MsSpentYoof Tue 09-Jun-09 12:48:39

Of course I can fully understand it, DS was poorly over the weekend, the last time he actually threw up was Saturday night and the last time he bowels were loose was yesterday.

Now, I understand it even more because she is PG, I am not saying she should take him at all.

But I can't help but be slightly miffed that the only place he could have caught this bug was at hers, and I had very little sleep over the weekend because of it, and now I am missing out on my counselling session, which I felt that I really needed this week and didn't get last week because the counsellor was poorly.

I know there isn't anything that can be done but am just feeling frustrated about it.

TrillianAstra Tue 09-Jun-09 12:51:51

YANBU to be annoyed,

Equally, if she posted, she INBU for not taking him.

nannynick Tue 09-Jun-09 13:03:33

If she cares for other children in addition to your DS, then not taking ill children helps protect the others.

Bugs go around in any childcare setting... nurseries/daycare seems to be the worst - probably due to there being more children.

I'm a nanny so work for just the only family... so if the children are mildly ill, I still work. But really sick children want to be with their parents.

MsSpentYoof Tue 09-Jun-09 13:11:46

TBH, he has been feeling much better, on Sat and Sunday he didn't want to leave my arms, but he has been running around like a happy chappy since yesterday.
So it's not a case of him not feeling well, the last time he'd pooed was over 24 hours ago too, which is what I thought was standard practice.

But as she is PG I fully support her not wanting to take him, I know I wouldn't if I was PG, It's just frustrating because there is no other place he could have caught it, we hadn't been out for days before he last went there, and no one had been over, then he came back from there and was grumbley before bed, then in the morning he started throwing everything up, going right through until Saturday night.

And it was definately a bug because my mum saw him over the weekend and now has it too, and even though I wasn't sick I have had a very 'tender' stomach over the weekend.

nannynick Tue 09-Jun-09 13:19:28

Just because he may have caught the bug there, should not mean he can go when still ill - in my view. Children get bugs all the time. It's just one of those things. It will be just as bad when he goes to school.

MsSpentYoof Tue 09-Jun-09 13:32:58

I know, I know, but he seems fine, had no poos since over 24 hours ago, acting fine, no sick since over 60 hours ago.

But like I said, I don't mind becasue she is pg, it's just frustrating because i really needed my counselling today

2rebecca Tue 09-Jun-09 14:22:50

If she hasn't had a bug then how do you know he caught it from her? He is just as likely to have caught it from you if you're talking asymptomatic carriers of a virus. Even if he did get it from her house if she wasn't actually ill or looking after ill children it's hardly her fault.

My DS school, and nursery before, operated a strict 48 hour exclusion.

Wasn't Heston Blumenthal's restaurant recently closed because staff members returned to work too early after a D&V bug without realising that they could still be infectious up to 48 hours after the last episode ?

bubblagirl Tue 09-Jun-09 14:30:47

you say his bowels were loose yesterday that would not be entirely 24 hrs clear then tomorrow if all ok then she should take him

MsSpentYoof Tue 09-Jun-09 14:43:51

No, it was 24 hours since him last loose nappy.

I didn't realise it was 48 hours, it was 24 hours when i used to work in a food factoryshock, that's why I assumed it would be for childcare.

She did in fact comlain of not feeling great when he last went over there, I assumed it was her pregnancy.

Anyway, I am not her to debate that it was her fault, it doesn't matter if it was her fault or not, it has happened and I can't change it, I am just feeling frustrated because I really needed to talk to my counseller this week.

bubblagirl Tue 09-Jun-09 14:49:29

sorry you missed out on your councilor sometimes its a pain isn't it when kids are ill but yes some places it is 48 hrs not 24

i hope you get to speak to councilor soon x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now