Talk

Advanced search

To be pissed off about this?

(5 Posts)
poshsinglemum Tue 09-Jun-09 12:35:10

My mate has a baby who is a bit older than my dd and very cute she is too!
However, her daughter used to poke my dd in the face and my mate didn't pull her away. I pulled dd away. My mate did say ''gently''. Once her dd hit mine and I had to pull dd away. I used to dread meeting up with her in case her dd hit mine. I don't blame her dd as she is far too young to know better. They were both under a year old when this started happening.
Luckily now my dd is a bit bigger and is mobile this dosn't happen any more but I still feel a bit pissed off about this. I did tell my friend that I didn't like it and she started saying no for a bit but then stopped and let her dd ''explore'' my dd's face!
Am IBU to think that my friend should have said ''no'' and pull her dd off? In retrospect I should have said ''no'' to her daughter and pulled her off but I think my mate may have kicked off if I'd done this.

warthog Tue 09-Jun-09 12:37:11

i think you did the right thing - remove your dd. i think you have to let it go now. there's nothing to be gained by saying anything.

Pheebe Tue 09-Jun-09 12:38:40

YABU to still be pissed off about it grin

neither of then were mobile but were sitting so presumably were about 5-8 months old. At that age even saying no is pretty pointless so you did the right thing moving your dd out of the way if she didn't like being touched.

Without wanting to sound too harsh you need to get over it smile

noddyholder Tue 09-Jun-09 12:40:45

kids do this' forget it now.If she is a good friend and your kids are friends that is more important that a bit of baby play fighting.better than having no friends and no one to play with x

poshsinglemum Tue 09-Jun-09 12:47:50

i know- i think i will let go. im just concerned how future disputes will be resolved but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now