Talk

Advanced search

to think that hospital appointment sould be sooner?

(11 Posts)
VinegarTits Mon 08-Jun-09 15:30:22

i probably am but i am in panic mode now and i know i will spend the next month worrying

i found a lump on ds2's penis (size of a pea, not sore to touch) took him to the clinic and saw the nurse, she didnt know what it was so gave anti-b's and said come back if it doesnt clear up

it didnt so i went back today, saw gp who didnt know what it was so gave me a sheet of paper to take to reception who would then give me phone number, ref number and password so i can phone and make a hospital appointment

just phoned and the first available appointment is in one months time!

so i will now spend until them worrying about his poor little wiggle and what it might be, how do they know its nothing serious? what if it drops off before then?

<panic panic panic>

i want it seen to now, not next month sad

HumphreyCobbler Mon 08-Jun-09 15:35:07

YANBU

Have they no ideas at all about what it might be?

Presumably the fact they have not rushed it through means it is unlikely to be serious?

bigchris Mon 08-Jun-09 15:36:04

presumably it's not serious and that's why they arent giving you a quick appointment
you can always go to a&e if you're really worried

VinegarTits Mon 08-Jun-09 15:48:35

I hope its not serious, i am resisting the urge to google but just want to know what it is for my own sanity

LIZS Mon 08-Jun-09 15:49:24

Can you go on the cancellation list in case an appointment becomes available sooner ?

HumphreyCobbler Mon 08-Jun-09 15:52:04

you are wise not to google
never a good idea

RumourOfAHurricane Mon 08-Jun-09 16:08:10

Message withdrawn

VinegarTits Mon 08-Jun-09 16:11:31

The gp mentioned that he thinks it would be best to have it cut out, i cant bear the thought of him having to have surgery on his little winkle sad

PremenstrualChickens Mon 08-Jun-09 16:12:04

VT, my DS1 had this. Turned out to be really common. A small cyst, IIRC. They kept an eye on it to make sure it didn't affect him when he had a wee etc, but other than that left well alone. It went after about 6 months. He was about 2 at the time.

psychomum5 Mon 08-Jun-09 16:15:15

don;t panic!

I had one of those password appointments things the other week, they gave me an appointment 6wks off (and it was a mole referral), then sent me a letter bringing it forward after seeing my docs notes (which did panic me I must admitblushwink).

anyway...............the docs send the notes on once they know when the appointment is, and so once they read the notes properly, if they are in anyway concerned and thinking they need to see your son sooner, they will let you know.

and no googling, tis bad!!

VinegarTits Mon 08-Jun-09 16:22:49

thanks for reasurring me, hopefully it will be nothing, but i will keep checking the website for cancelations

going to try not to think about it now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now