Talk

Advanced search

To have been a bit shocked by this?

(12 Posts)
fanjoforthemammaries7850 Mon 08-Jun-09 14:12:50

Was on the bus today and the upper deck was full of primary school children aged about 10.

Firstly I heard the teacher really shouting at them because one of them had stood up. She sounded so angry I was quaking!

Then they got off the bus and I heard one girl ask to go to the toilet. The teacher said she'd have to wait. When the girl complained a bit the teacher said in a REALLY angry voice "Well, I don't have a toilet in my handbag, do I?"

It just seemed a bit excessive to me, is this an acceptable way for teachers to talk to children?

I think she had major PMS!

Just asking as I am a notorious big softie so could well have been over-reacting!! grin

saadia Mon 08-Jun-09 14:18:43

It depends on the class I guess, it's diffcult to judge without knowing the background. I volunteer in a class of 8yr olds and was shocked by by the teacher shouting at them but I can see that she also has to keep them under control and it is hard to take the soft approach when you have even four or five disruptive kids in a class.

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Mon 08-Jun-09 14:19:54

That's what I thought, didn't want to just judge outright, not being a teacher smile

clpsmum Mon 08-Jun-09 14:19:58

No i agree with you that is terrible and i would be so angry if that old battleaxe was my childrn's teacher. Honestly who does she think she is? It really annoys me when they don't let kids go to the toilet or get angry at them for asking how are they expected to hold it??? Stupid woman thats awful i am shocked

Dysgu Mon 08-Jun-09 14:21:51

There are other ways of managing behaviour - but it is difficult. I am a teacher but am not a 'shouter' but I have come across many that are.

I think if my children were in these classes I would be a bit concerned but I am nit sure how I would handle it.

The background would help - which of course you can't know if they are on a bus - but this behaviour from the teacher in public does seem a bit off!

AMumInScotland Mon 08-Jun-09 14:24:28

Was there a toilet there? If so, maybe a bit unfair. If not, chances are they'd all been given the chance to go to the loo before the bus trip and would get another when they arrived at their destination. As she said, she didn't have one tucked in her handbag...

It depends really how much messing around the teacher had from them before you even saw them.

Nancy66 Mon 08-Jun-09 14:25:03

I think 10 year olds should have acquired some bladder control.

Controlling a group of kids out and about must be very hard.

Whenever I'm on the tube and there is a group of school kids I always think:

1) WTF are you travelling in the rush hour?

2) why are they allowed to be so noisy?

I rather like the sound of this teacher.

lockets Mon 08-Jun-09 14:26:52

Message withdrawn

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Mon 08-Jun-09 14:27:34

They actually seemed pretty well behaved, maybe that is why grin

missmama Mon 08-Jun-09 14:27:46

But they are 10 not 4
And she didnt have a toilet in her handbag did she?

trixymalixy Mon 08-Jun-09 14:31:04

Where was she expecting to go to the toilet?

They don't have toilets on any of the public buses round our way.

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Mon 08-Jun-09 14:34:07

they had got off the bus.

Just seemed a bit excessively narky to me, I'm sure the kids will survive though smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now