Talk

Advanced search

To be secretly pleased that the girlwho attacked DS1 on Friday

(121 Posts)
TheLadyEvenstar Mon 08-Jun-09 12:10:40

Is sporting a black eye where he hit her back?

Deemented Mon 08-Jun-09 12:12:02

No, YANBU. Good enough for her. Hope your son's ok today.

MsSpentYoof Mon 08-Jun-09 12:12:34

shock what happened?

fuckingidiot Mon 08-Jun-09 12:12:43

shock It doesn't sound good tbh!

I know that lioness reaction when somebody hurts your child - I have it too - but you should try not to give in to it! Two wrongs don't make a right and a child with a black eye is a BAD thing, whatever the circumstances

TheLadyEvenstar Mon 08-Jun-09 12:14:49

Ok for those who don't know what happened here is the original thread.

The Orginal Thread

BCNS Mon 08-Jun-09 12:15:19

I'm supposed to say YABU

but knowing your situation.. I'm going to say serves her right! and she may think twice.

on a sensible note.. I hope there isn't any repurcussions [worried]

TheLadyEvenstar Mon 08-Jun-09 12:15:33

I guess I am secretly pleased because he defended himself for the first time. After years of being bullied.

Niftyblue Mon 08-Jun-09 12:16:56

Got my in tin hat on

Good on your son
Shes a bully and deserved it

TheLadyEvenstar Mon 08-Jun-09 12:17:38

BCNS he has to miss playtime for a week.

BCNS Mon 08-Jun-09 12:18:08

oh we had an up today .. bully mum wasn't in playground today.. I wonder if she's been told to stay away!?? ( the bullies were in.. and she is always there normally)

TheLadyEvenstar Mon 08-Jun-09 12:18:40

lol Nifty, i know i should not be pleased but he has spent so long being bullied and for once he has defended himself. Maybe just maybe the bullies will think twice now.

TheLadyEvenstar Mon 08-Jun-09 12:19:14

ohhhhh BCNS maybe she has hee hee

BCNS Mon 08-Jun-09 12:19:37

he'll be fine.. he needs to know not to do it..but it does show all the bullies that he will hit back, when pushed too far!

fuckingidiot Mon 08-Jun-09 12:20:52

I havent got a child who is being bullied, so my comment comes from an inappropriate perspective maybe

I was bullied though and will never forget how uttelry miserable it made me

I hope things get better for your son TheLady, I really really do.

SoupDragon Mon 08-Jun-09 12:21:41

I think the key is to be secretly pleased.

TheLadyEvenstar Mon 08-Jun-09 12:22:31

Fuckingidiot, I too was bullied and thats why I have always told him he has to stand up for himself. He is a good boy and has never hit back until now.

I just can't wait until September when he starts a new school.

abraid Mon 08-Jun-09 12:22:48

A cheer for your son from me.

The biter bitten, I'd say.

TheLadyEvenstar Mon 08-Jun-09 12:23:26

Soup It is secretly BUT I wanted to sharre it with you lovely people on here who have always been supportive of me

junglist1 Mon 08-Jun-09 12:24:20

Go your son GO! I love bully bashing, and believe in it 100%. Let's see if she hits him again, eh? DOUBT IT! My son was scared of a boy twice his size and I told him to fight back and he wouldn't until one day he lost his temper and battered the little shit. Children commit suicide because of bullies, and schools don't do anything about it.

TheLadyEvenstar Mon 08-Jun-09 12:26:16

I have not seen the eye BUT my mum just called and said it is the talk of the school and the girl refused to go into class this morning because of it.

OH dear a bully who is suddenly not so brash.

psychomum5 Mon 08-Jun-09 12:26:51

not at all.........bad form maybe, but sometimes bullies need a taste of their own medicine to actually get the message.

my DD1 was bullied in primary school, and the school was uselessangry.

DD1, after having 2 pairs of glasses broken by this girl hitting her so hard around the face they flew off and smashedshockangrysad, ended up chasing said girl and pulling her trousers down in front of a lot of the school when on the school field (in fact, said girl was on the monkey bars). humiliated her so much, she never acted like that again, towards my DD, nor anyone else ASAIK. (didn;t stop her being a gobby mare, but not physical again).

I don;t normally recommend violence, but self-defence or retaliation in keeping with the offence, I have to say, it is needed.

how does your son feel.........I would bet the confidence boost is huge

abraid Mon 08-Jun-09 12:27:45

'2 pairs of glasses broken by this girl hitting her so hard around the face they flew off and smashed'

That's awful.

Baisey Mon 08-Jun-09 12:29:48

yay go your son!
I remember in middle school my friends and I were being bullied every break time by an older boy and girl. One day I just snapped and told the girl her "arse was like two badly parked volkswagons" (yes I was/am a red dwarf fan!) and hit the boy in the nose.
They never came upto us again and I was a hero for the week!!!

psychomum5 Mon 08-Jun-09 12:35:18

abraid, I know....and the school said they could do nothing as no-one had witnessed it (and by no-one, they ignored all the children, was the lack of teachers seeing it due to them not being in the playground properlyangry

heyho, was dealt with by DD1, and me writing to the LEA and governers(sp?).

abraid Mon 08-Jun-09 12:36:19

So did they think her glasses had spontaneously smashed into her face of their own volition?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now