Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to expect a tiny response from MN on the biggest day in my life?

(78 Posts)
MadameDefarge Sun 07-Jun-09 21:22:31

posted in chat. Maybe sounded too nonchalant? didn't want to sound pathetic.

have lost everything, apart from a tiny bit of equity in the home I was forced to sell. Am trying to set up a cafe, all sound re business plans etc. Am a single parent, have been hounded out of my home by fucking crack dealing cunts that held a gun to my 8 year olds head, am trying to to do my best. We lost our home, my job, everything that matters.

Finally after a year of searching and disappointment have found somewhere that might possibly be the answer to my dream.

I want my boy to see his mum being a success, doing well, overcoming obstacles. Protecting him and moving on from shit. I have spent two years wanting to end it all,and crawling back from the abyss.

But I am so scared. And need a bit of support.

So probably not AIBU either. but felt very sad that not answered in chat.

TheLadyEvenstar Sun 07-Jun-09 21:25:20

Well done if finding somewhere! I hope your ds was not too scared by what happened.

rupertsabear Sun 07-Jun-09 21:26:29

Well done! You sound very brave actually. I think my life's hard sometimes, but I remember that it's not, actually, when I read things like this. Good luck.

HecatesTwopenceworth Sun 07-Jun-09 21:27:53

Oh I am sorry you weren't answered. Sometimes MN moves so fast that something is off active convos between one refresh and the next!

<heads off to search for thread>

FigmentOfYourImagination Sun 07-Jun-09 21:29:16

Well done to you Madame smile

I didn't see your chat thread

rasputin Sun 07-Jun-09 21:30:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PinkTulips Sun 07-Jun-09 21:30:39

good for you grin

hope it all works out for you guys

(didn't see the thread in chat, things move down active convos so fast these days...)

hester Sun 07-Jun-09 21:31:07

We're here now, Madame. It sounds like you've gone through hell. I really hope it's going to work out for you now.

AnyFucker Sun 07-Jun-09 21:31:20

never saw the thread, was it moving very fast in chat ? (have been in and out all day today)

absolute kudos to you, it sounds scary and exciting and a head-cruncher what you are doing....

all the best of luck to you

if you were setting up in my neck of the woods, I would support you

MadameDefarge Sun 07-Jun-09 21:31:46

Oh, thanks, LES.

Sorry to be such a woose. Ds has only just started to talk about what happened. Its heartbreaking.

I am a strong girl, just wish I had made different choices, and not got involved in community affairs, because ds got targeted as a result. But he is just a baby, and didnt deserve to be taken from his home by the police and never to see it again.

But it will be ok, and I am really excited about the new venture.

I guess I just wanted a bit of MN ra ra rah, without having to spill the beans why it was so important! which is a bit selfish of me.

DippyDino Sun 07-Jun-09 21:31:48

Things can disappear very very quickly in chat. Don't take it to heart.

And well done XXXX

MummyElk Sun 07-Jun-09 21:31:48

i didn't see chat thread either but well done Madame, fair play to you for standing on your own two feet! really good luck - just think about this time in two years when you can look back on this rubbish time and think how much you've achieved. really well done x

Anifrangapani Sun 07-Jun-09 21:34:16

Sounds fab - I wish I had your get up and go. well done in turning a shit situation into a really positive one.

Sorry didn't see the chat thread.

shockers Sun 07-Jun-09 21:35:13

Sounds twee but you have each other and you sound like a very brave lady. I hope you've moved far enough away for you both to feel safe. I know that I don't know you but I feel it's important that you don't put yourself under too much pressure. Your boy will appreciate your love and protection more and more as he grows and this will matter to him more than anything else. My eldest son is now 21 and I brought him up alone for 7 years before I met my 2nd husband. He has grown into a wonderful young man and our pride is mutual.I wish you and your son the very, very best X

walkinthewoods Sun 07-Jun-09 21:36:32

Madame

Our company recently went inot liquidation. We had all manor of threats (but not so bad as gun to dc;s head!!!!). I would be happy to talk to you. We have lost alot but I cope with thinking about all the happy things in my life (dp and dc's) Please please please don't cope with this on your own. coddycat at yahoo dot com

e-amil now (think I could benefit from it lol)

MadameDefarge Sun 07-Jun-09 21:38:24

Thanks I am not always such a big girls blouse. Most of the time its just fine. I can't quite believe all that nonsense myself, now. But I do feel guilty that I got involved to such an extent it hurt my boy. And boy do I wish I had stayed well clear. which is really sad.

francagoestohollywood Sun 07-Jun-09 21:41:52

All the best of luck to you Madame and your ds smile

MadameDefarge Sun 07-Jun-09 21:43:20

Am sniffling mightily now. (in a good way. I hope). Its just I never saw it coming. And it all felt so humiliating. So not meant to be part of my story! if that makes sense.

BUt but but!! Tomorrow could be the beginning of everything great! I guess that's why I wanted to share it here. Cos you are all great and lovely.

Sycamoretreeisvile Sun 07-Jun-09 21:49:51

Madame - I didn't see your thread! TBH I never really look at chat as it's right down at the bottom of the screen and something always tends to grab my attention before I get down there!

Well done my darling - fucking hell, had no idea all this horror in your past. You carry your online self with such dignity.

Go for it, and good luck for your new future!

BCNS Sun 07-Jun-09 21:50:16

good luck for the future!!

whatever happens ( and I hope its all good stuff) you are already a success for your son. remember that

MadameDefarge Sun 07-Jun-09 21:50:16

walkinthewoods, how very generous of you!

Anyfucker, fancy soups, salads, stews and stuff? at credit crunch prices? I am your girl!

Hecates, Rupert, Rasputin,Frances, Shocker, Hester, MummyE, Anifrang, dippy, pink and everyone. Feeling so much better. Bless you all.

Wow. Begging on MN, so rewarding!!!!!!

MadameDefarge Sun 07-Jun-09 21:53:21

Sycamore, well obviously it will all be for nothing if Shiney don't let me carry her jumper again. A girl has got to have priorities!

MadameDefarge Sun 07-Jun-09 21:55:56

BCNS, I felt so much for you and your boys, know how it feels to not be able to protect them at all times.

walkinthewoods Sun 07-Jun-09 21:57:41

Madame

You are the kind of person that helps the world go round. Not saying that lightly but anyone who goes into business is a kind of person that hepls people get employed and the economy going etc etc. You are a do-er and that is fantastic, you go girl!!!!

cazzybabs Sun 07-Jun-09 21:58:38

You sound like you don'y anyone's good luck because you have belief you can do it...and that counts for a hell of a lot....good luck not that you need it...I am sure your dream will come true

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now