Talk

Advanced search

To think that there is no need to sit next to someone in an almost empty cinema?

(28 Posts)
dilemma456 Sun 07-Jun-09 16:45:23

Message withdrawn

BouncingTurtle Sun 07-Jun-09 16:47:07

YANBU - woman was clearly a weirdo. I hope you answered "yes, actually" to her question!

Saltire Sun 07-Jun-09 16:47:45

Oh it's not just you, happens to us as well. I also get people like that on the bus or in the shop where I work.

violethill Sun 07-Jun-09 16:48:02

How bizarre. Like those people who insist on parking right next to you in an almost empty car park.

Mrs No Mates, obviously. And you can see why.

BitOfFun Sun 07-Jun-09 16:48:20

Weird!!

FigmentOfYourImagination Sun 07-Jun-09 16:48:32

you should have shouted 'No but you're a pain in the arse, you big fraek' at her

Bucharest Sun 07-Jun-09 16:51:03

Do you have a come-hither-nutter magnet? I do. They do it to me on buses as well.

Weirdest one of all was a businessman who actually chose chose to clamber over me and my toddler on a Ryanair flight when he could have had his pick. I mean, who chooses to have a seat next to a toddler on a plane? I wouldn't even choose to, and she was my daughter....

NationalFlight Sun 07-Jun-09 16:54:55

She sounds pissed or something.

Poor you.

HecatesTwopenceworth Sun 07-Jun-09 16:57:25

People move like sheep, I find.

CurryMaid Sun 07-Jun-09 16:57:51

Yes, this happens to me, and no, YANBU.

Last time it happened someone sat directly behind me then proceeded to dangle their shoeless feet over the front of the chair.

Grim.

helsbels4 Sun 07-Jun-09 16:59:22

It's not just you and no, yadnbu!

We went camping at the end of April and the campsite, understandably at that time of year, was virtually empty. We pitched our tent well away from anybody else, marvelling at the peace and quiet, when a family with four very noisy girls, pitched right next to us! I could have screamed at them!

Some people are just weird different imo

wotulookinat Sun 07-Jun-09 17:06:43

arrrggggghhhh! That would have made me feel very uncomfortable.

sunfleurs Sun 07-Jun-09 17:12:43

I always go to the cinema alone and if someone sits next to me I wait a polite couple of minutes then mutter under my breath "Ooh too close" or "Ooh too far away" and move to a nice solitary spot. Sitting next to strangers in the cinema is my ultimate pet hate.

MIAonline Sun 07-Jun-09 17:12:49

I would have found it very odd and I must admit I would have felt very uncomfortable about it, though knowing me, would have still sat there annoyed all the way through the film. grin

Trying to be kind, perhaps she felt a bit embarrassed that she was on her own and wanted to look like she was with people?

noddyholder Sun 07-Jun-09 17:15:49

i would hate that too yanbu.i remember a man did that to me on a train once quite recently.he started off ok and then got a pic out of his new wife and his baby twins kept calling her the missus and saying how much better thinner etc she was than wife 1 and how much smarter and better looking the twins were than his 1st daughter shock.He was truly vile but I didn't move as we were the only ones in the carriage and I was terrified

Baisey Sun 07-Jun-09 17:40:38

I used to attract the weirdos when I was on the bus, one time on the way back from town I had one woman sit next to me and proceed to show me all the items she had bought. I had to sit there and oooh and ahhh over the grottiest shoes ever!

Tinker Sun 07-Jun-09 17:43:52

What was the film that a grown woman on her own would go to see? Am assuming it was a kids film?

SammyK Sun 07-Jun-09 17:44:21

This is a pet peeve of mine too.

Also people going into the toilet cubicle next to you when they are all empty. hmm

I just don't get it. I do like my personal space though.

TrillianAstra Sun 07-Jun-09 17:47:39

That is weird.

Sitting by a toddler on a plane is insane. That's why I really wich they would let people with children on first on the planes that don't have seat allocation. Not becae it's kind to the parents to haev tiem to settle their children, but because I want to see where they are and sit far away.

Jbck Sun 07-Jun-09 17:47:39

I did it once but in my defence the film had just started & it was pitch black so I just sat down before I fell over something.

When the lights went up there were five of us & I was sat right next to two girls. I was on my own at Harry Potter in the middle of the day. I offered to move in case they thought I was mental but they said it was fine. grin

dilemma456 Sun 07-Jun-09 19:56:26

Message withdrawn

shockers Sun 07-Jun-09 22:12:23

Can't stop laughing! She sounds bonkers grin

psychomum5 Sun 07-Jun-09 22:14:55

maybe she was lonely and wanted a fwendwink

otherwise she was a nutter!!

brimfull Sun 07-Jun-09 22:17:49

what a freaky woman

YanknCock Sun 07-Jun-09 22:19:13

YANBU. She's done the equivalent of a man going for the urinal right next to another man when there are six urinals and no one else is in there.

I've had this with train seats. Nearly empty carriage, sitting in a row with three seats (next to window) and had some nutter come and sit down directly next to me. I mean, I know the train is going to fill up eventually, but there are rules!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now