Talk

Advanced search

To think that CM was really out of order today?

(48 Posts)
SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Fri 05-Jun-09 15:35:55

I took dd2 to a toddler group and there were a few childminders there. Which is fair enough. I think it's nice that they still get do things like that even though the parents have to work.

But at snack time when all the parents were around, they started discussing the mindees parents, after one of them called his CM mum.

One of them was bad mouthing them saying "Oh yes and they never see their kids, they drop them off at such and such a time and then take them home to bed" and another one sayng things like "Well my parent doesn't even work and she still drops her son off, I couldn't do that to my child."

I mean if it wasn't for them having to work or needing a break the CM's would have no job and this wasn't a private discussion it was in front of a room full of virtual strangers.

juneybean Fri 05-Jun-09 15:38:08

I agree it's wrong, and like you say if they didn't work they wouldn't have a job (and CMs would still moan lol)

Turbomouth Fri 05-Jun-09 15:40:33

I'd be most pissed off if mine was saying that about me.

I don't have one, but that's not the pointgrin

BoysAreLikeDogs Fri 05-Jun-09 15:44:48

dreadful

and unprofessional

PuppyMonkey Fri 05-Jun-09 15:45:54

You should tell the parents what they've been saying (if you know any of them)!

HappyMummyOfOne Fri 05-Jun-09 15:47:48

Awful, hopefully the parents will soon find out what the CM's are like and find better childcare.

SammyK Fri 05-Jun-09 15:49:23

YANBU very unprofessional

SoupDragon Fri 05-Jun-09 15:51:20

Just because they have an opinion about the parents not seeing their child doesn't make them bad carers.

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 05-Jun-09 15:51:39

totally unprofessional sadangry

but dont let it put you off cm's

there will always be bad/unprofessional cm/nannys etc

but there are also some fabby cms and nannys about (ME) smile

MorningTownRide Fri 05-Jun-09 15:52:57

YABU - you don't know if that is what the parents do.

Being a CM must be a very hard job - I wouldn't do it! Must be nice to sit round and have a moan.

And don't we all like to slag our bosses off?

SusieDerkins Fri 05-Jun-09 15:55:44

YANBU. Very unprofessional. If they want to have a moan then fine, but not within earshot of other people. How do they know that some of the mums don't know the parents of their mindees?

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Fri 05-Jun-09 15:57:00

I don't know any of the parents. Soup I don't if they are bad carers, they seemed fine with the children. I just felt uncomfortable the way they were bad mouthing the parents in fvront of their children and a room full strangers.

Fiar enough, have a whinge. But do it in private and away from the children.

Plus it feels different when it's CM's moaning about their bosses because it's like they are insuating that their mindees parents don't care enough about them.

Summerfruit Fri 05-Jun-09 15:57:51

Clearly some stupid cms..angry

RumourOfAHurricane Fri 05-Jun-09 15:59:25

Message withdrawn

wannaBe Fri 05-Jun-09 15:59:46

I bet there isn't a business person in the country who hasn't discussed their clients.

Opinions of the parents has no bearing on the cm's ability to look after the children.

Yabu.

SoupDragon Fri 05-Jun-09 16:03:52

You do realise that childminders aren't "professional". If you want professional childcare, go to a nursery or hire a nanny. A childminder is something entirely different

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 05-Jun-09 16:05:48

soup dragon - thats a bit harsh

cms work bloody hard and for crap money a lot of the time

PuppyMonkey Fri 05-Jun-09 16:05:57

Yes, wannabe, but they probably wouldn't discuss their clients in front of other customers.

aGalChangedHerName Fri 05-Jun-09 16:08:16

Lol you really think a nursery is always professional???

Nearly sprayed my coffee all over the keyboard there.

JemL Fri 05-Jun-09 16:09:26

I think the key point is that they were doing this in front of non CM's. As far as they were concerned, the OP might be a potential customer!! And even if not, it is unprofessional.

I always cringe when I hear friends of mine who are teachers being horrible about the children they teach and their parents - I don't want to know what they really think!!

Summerfruit Fri 05-Jun-09 16:09:43

Soupdragon - I don't agree with you, I'm a cm and I consider myself a professional. I have done all the training to be a cm, take some courses regularly, keep a large amount of paperwork up to date..a lot is expected from cm...Let me tell you, parents want a home environement for their children but they still expect us to act professional.

We have no right to judge the parents mindee but you do, keep it to yourself.

RumourOfAHurricane Fri 05-Jun-09 16:09:55

Message withdrawn

Summerfruit Fri 05-Jun-09 16:11:27

meant IF you do, keep it to your self ! sorry

TheProfiteroleThief Fri 05-Jun-09 16:11:54

Not good to bad mouth parents in front of the children!

stuff other parents

Littlepurpleprincess Fri 05-Jun-09 16:13:52

Aren't professional?! Excuse me, but I am qualified aren't I? What if a childminder has reached the EYPS? They are definately professional than surely?

I would never talk about a child's parent's in a negative way in front of the children or other people (though I may moan to DP about work sometimes, confidentiality is always maintained).

These CM's were unprofessional, doesn't mean we all are!

A nursery nurse or nanny has exaclty the same qualifications as a CM, trust me, I've done both!

I am really offended.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now