Talk

Advanced search

to feel a bit sorry for poor Gordon?

(63 Posts)
EccentricaGallumbits Thu 04-Jun-09 22:14:39

Is it all his fault his MPs are a bunch of lying twats?

and i find him strangely attractive as well.

Bramshott Thu 04-Jun-09 22:19:15

Eurghh no (to the attractive bit)!!

But I do feel a bit sorry for him to - I think his heart's in the right place and he is (was?) honestly trying to do the best job he can.

Sadly I think he's also arrogant: "I know better than you (yes, probably), so I don't have to explain myself to you (yes, you do, we are the electorate)"!

But it seems a shame that he will probably go and Labour will lose the next election just because Dave is better at PR!

clarinsgirl Thu 04-Jun-09 22:21:21

YANBU to feel sorry for him, but YABU to find him attractive!

Lizzylou Thu 04-Jun-09 22:22:12

He is the best of a bad bunch I fear.
So awful that he has always wanted PM status and is now finding out what a poisoned chalice it is. I fear David (Cameron) will be in sharpish.

giddykipper Thu 04-Jun-09 22:22:29

I feel sorry for him.

Where's Tony now? Rubbing his hands.

Lizzylou Thu 04-Jun-09 22:23:39

And Gawd no re: attractive, he does that mouth clicky thing.
I really do feel for him though, I think his heart is in the right place but he is lacking in the charisma stakes (Obama can't have helped).

Haribosmummy Thu 04-Jun-09 22:23:47

YABU

He bullied his way into the job and has made a shit job of it since he got it.

Agreed, it's not his fault that other MPs have also made mistakes - but he was bloody chancellor for the 10 years before being PM so you might think he'd have noticed half his bloody cabinet were on the fiddle!!!

And finding him attractive is just wrong. He looks more and more like Prescott to me every day [boak emoticon]

I also don't get why it's a shame that labour will go at the next election... Charisma and personality and ability to deal with the general pubic are essentials for a good PM... and Brown just doesn't have that particular gift (Blair did, which is why he got in in 1997)

Nappyzoneisabeetrootrunner Thu 04-Jun-09 22:23:51

oh yes hes a hunk and i bet hes a right stud!grin <balk>

Haribosmummy Thu 04-Jun-09 22:24:59

Agree with Giddykipper that Blair must be jumping up and down with glee right now!!

ThePhantomPlopper Thu 04-Jun-09 22:25:00

YABU on both counts.

fondant4000 Thu 04-Jun-09 22:25:21

Good ideas - bad manager - wrong person (sadly). You need to be able to communicate and execute your vision.

If you can't carry your friends with you,how can you carry the public?

LolaTheShowgirl Thu 04-Jun-09 22:25:25

EG, me too! I love his voice too...very soothing!

I think he is (or seeing as I don't personally know him, seems) a lovely, down-to-earth person who is trying and desperately wanting the best for his country, but not having the resources or assistance to carry this out.

notnowbernard Thu 04-Jun-09 22:25:34

Right man in the wrong era

NintyZelda Thu 04-Jun-09 22:25:37

I agree with you, I also feel a bit sorry for him, he can't be blamed for EVERYTHING, the whole world is ina mess. David C is so creepy and slimy but I think he will be in next

EccentricaGallumbits Thu 04-Jun-09 22:27:06

just me and lola then?

Ivykaty44 Thu 04-Jun-09 22:27:30

Is it the weather? he is grey and talks like a cat with furr balls shock attractive soothing??

Noonki Thu 04-Jun-09 22:28:36

YANBU
so little of it has been his fault he has ,made a few mistakes but his idea's and ideals are good

WinkyWinkola Thu 04-Jun-09 22:30:50

I feel sorry for him too. I think he is a man of great integrity. I think he's a lot more human than Tony Blair.

Did Tone know that the total and utter shit was going to hit the fan big time - I mean, it couldn't be any worse, could it? - and scarpered, happy to let Gordon muddle through?

GlastonburyGoddess Thu 04-Jun-09 22:31:41

YABU get him out, get him out. cant bear to watch him on tv doing that horrible mouch gape either when he talks, yuk. hes messed everything up beyond repair, alot of which he was aware and in control of before becoming PM. time to go gordon.

thumbwitch Thu 04-Jun-09 22:32:48

Gordy had his part to play in the run up to this fiasco - after all, he was the Chancellor for some time, lest we forget! No, I don't feel sorry for him and as for being strangely attractive, well I'll agree with the strange bit grin

happywomble Thu 04-Jun-09 22:34:12

YANBU - I have never voted labour but I like him and his wife!

Much prefer them to the Blairs.

Surely Brown/Darling must be the best placed people within the labour party do deal with the current economic crisis. I can hardly think anyone better is going to come out of the labour ranks..(not saying they are great as I don't vote for their party but they appear the best of a bad bunch)

If I were GB I'd call the election now and let Hazel Blears defend her seat after her dodgy expenses. Maybe Esther Rantzen could stand against her?!

Minshu Thu 04-Jun-09 22:35:13

I do feel a bit sorry for him, but only a very little bit... He spent 10 years taking credit for his handling of the economy, during a global boom, then blamed the factors beyond our borders for the crunch. He can't have it both ways (I know that's a bit of a simplification, but it's the attitude that's hard to swallow)...

YABU re attractiveness, though. You need your head read grin

fondant4000 Thu 04-Jun-09 22:35:32

I've always been a Brownite more than a Blairite. But now I've seen him in power I actually feel sorry for (and quite impressed by) Tony Blair having to put up with him all those years!

I agree he's got more integrity and better ideals - but he's a bully, not a team player.

AuraofDora Thu 04-Jun-09 22:36:52

maybe not YABU more you are bit naive and soft

he is not a cuddly toy being discarded but a inept prime minister who when chancellor did not know or if did, chose not to regulate a dangerous greedy banking system

he was in a cabinet that voted for an illegal war

is that not enough
hmm

whistlejacket Thu 04-Jun-09 22:37:30

Nooooo please stop talking about Gordon Brown being attractive. Yuck yuck yuck. Those jowels, the way his eyes are half closed when he talks, the way he hangs his mouth open after each sentence, the v fake smile (and I thought Blair's was bad), and he's so dour and miserable.

I don't believe he cares or his heart's in the right place because he's a politician and I don't trust any of them.

But maybe I feel a tinsy bit sorry for him as the expenses scandal has blown up while he's PM and it isn't his fault. I'll probably feel more sorry for him tomorrow when the election results come in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now