Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to be still upset or am I just being petty?

(12 Posts)
LolaTheShowgirl Thu 04-Jun-09 22:02:59

I was out today with a friend, whom I have known all my life. We had a great day and were walking outside and this friend threw her rubbish on the floor. I gave out a shocked, and slightly bossy 'Lorraine' and gave her this kinda look hmm when she did it, and told her I thought only ignorant people did this, but i'm still really quite upset and angry. I thought she was decent. I picked up the wrapper and took it to my bin. I'm about to email her some pics we took today, so should I pop in a few words about how we should care for our planet and how much her actions offended me?

Thunderduck Thu 04-Jun-09 22:04:32

I think that would be overkill. You told her at the time, no need to tell her twice.

spicemonster Thu 04-Jun-09 22:04:37

Nah - I think you've made your point. Bet she doesn't do it again when you're around.

junglist1 Thu 04-Jun-09 22:04:51

It might have been a one off? Does she realise how seriously you'd take it?

blondissimo Thu 04-Jun-09 22:04:54

What was her reaction when you commented?

Rindercella Thu 04-Jun-09 22:05:49

I would leave it tbh. You made your point (a fair one) when you were with her.

warthog Thu 04-Jun-09 22:05:50

leave it. but if she does it again... let rip!

Tidey Thu 04-Jun-09 22:07:02

I can see why you'd be a bit put out, you shouldn't need to pick up other people's rubbish, especially when they're old enough to know better (ie, anything over about 3), but personally I wouldn't mention it in the email. It could come across as very narky and petty. If she does it again when she's with you, just say something then. There's no point holding a grudge over what could be a one time thoughtless action.

piscesmoon Thu 04-Jun-09 22:07:25

I would be as horrified as you were, but if she registered how shocked you were I wouldn't mention it again. If you think that she didn't take it in I would have another go.

LolaTheShowgirl Thu 04-Jun-09 22:07:55

her reaction was just a stupid grin on her face. I did point out a bottle that was litter at the time too and ask her if she thought that was attractive and told her to go and litter her own area too.

LolaTheShowgirl Thu 04-Jun-09 22:09:51

p.s. this is not a child, or a teenager, but a 40 yr old woman!

blondissimo Thu 04-Jun-09 22:13:21

Yep I'd leave it too - I would feel just as annoyed but sometimes friends do the most shocking things, and you've just got to think in the way that maybe karma will catch up with her and a big dustbin will blow all over her lawn or something grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now