Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To slap my dh round the knackers?

(8 Posts)
Fimbo Wed 03-Jun-09 23:19:34

Silly ass. Dd moves up to High School next year. He want to go on holiday during May half term and take her out of school for a week. School policy states you can take them out for 10 days but it is frowned upon and proof that you can only take holiday at that time may be required.

It would make better since to go during the Easter holidays.

Will he listen - no. He reckons it is ok "because it is only her first year at High School".

Stalemate.

I could cheerfully wring his neck right now, as I have researched for weeks for the type of accommodation we want/need/ location etc.

Arrgh.

Fimbo Wed 03-Jun-09 23:20:18

Oh and apparently he is going to give her extra tuition himself.

SlartyBartFast Wed 03-Jun-09 23:20:21

wring hard with permission grin

Fimbo Wed 03-Jun-09 23:23:48

Thank you. I never normally moan about him on here, but he has really peed me off.

I will need time off work too, which I haven't mentioned to him yet.

SomeGuy Wed 03-Jun-09 23:27:27

my parents were always trying to save a few quid on holidays by taking me in school time.

My sister and I both got As in everything, didn't make the slightest difference to us at all.

Fimbo Wed 03-Jun-09 23:31:06

Oh its not the money. Its because the school don't have any other 2 week breaks apart from Easter or the summer. We can't go in the summer time, as we have a timeshare in Scotland and he wouldn't be able to get 3 weeks off then.

There is absolutely nothing wrong in going at Easter but he can't see it.

SomeGuy Wed 03-Jun-09 23:32:28

Easter is bloody expensive though.

Incidentally I checked the cost of a Eurocamp in France yesterday. £130 I think to go for a week ATM. In August it is £680!

For the same accommodation. In a tent!

Fimbo Wed 03-Jun-09 23:36:18

Oh god I know.

But its not the money. I told him that it would be more expensive when he wants to go (!) and he said its ok and upped the budget!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now