Talk

Advanced search

to not want dd to wear shoes that gape a little?

(10 Posts)
bracingair Wed 03-Jun-09 21:48:23

Fitting kids with narrow feet is a nightmare!

First shop send us home with shoes that are not a perfect fit (an E fitting which is her measurement) but the best they have got. (to return if find better)

Second shop (best fitters in town) say they have nothing that fits well so get 1st shop to order a narrower one for her.

3rd shop have ones that fit slightly better but more expensive. The lady there is continental and is pooh-poohing the idea of it needing to fit so well at the front and says if it gapes a little its not bad for her as long as it fits round her ankle. So we left there wihout new ones.

Now im thinking that i should have taken the ones that fit slightly better,so the price, on the other hand the gap is only a little, does it matter?

oh, the shoe style ishere

glucose Wed 03-Jun-09 21:56:44

My dd is D-E fitting. We are lucky if she has any choice in styles, and I take her to large London stores stocking clarks and/ or start rite. She had a pair of shoes in a similar style to the ones in your picture, but they were from Next and fitted perfectly - but thats not a rule with all Next shoes, some styles are much wider.
My dd would really like crocs but they sit like boats on her feet, and are a danger!

I have great big wide plates of meat myself, so my dd must get it from dh

boogeek Wed 03-Jun-09 21:59:56

Just wanting to send sympathy as I have narrow-footed daughters (and myself, but I don't care any more if my shoes don't fit properly!) Sandals with velcro front and back are good in the summer, otherwise I pay a fortune at the independent shop that stocks continental styles - not because they pooh-pooh the need to fit but because they seem to come up narrower. (I suppose in the same way that french baby clothes are minute!)

bracingair Wed 03-Jun-09 22:00:37

by large do you mean central london? sounds a bit daunting to take the dcs!

My dd does get away with crocs but hey theyre not meant to fit so securely!

bracingair Wed 03-Jun-09 22:01:20

boogeek we are looking at an eye-watering £45!

Ivykaty44 Wed 03-Jun-09 22:05:14

The Clare would be better - imo

All three of us have narrow fitting feet, so I know what its like smile

glucose Wed 03-Jun-09 22:06:39

bracing - not sure where you are from but was just pointing out that if you don't get choice of styles in larger stores, I dread to think how little choice you would get in a smaller town. Did not mean to be snotty!

We live in c. london so not so daunting, just life.

Our nursery banned crocs because according to manager the children were falling over in them. hmm

troutpout Wed 03-Jun-09 22:25:13

dd has always had this problem
She is a d fitting
and has tiny ankles

poor girl...she gets her big flappers from me

anyway.. clarks are no good unless it's sandals with velcro fitting across at the front and back (and only then if the straps aren't too long)

I once had a fitting in clarks where the woman tried to sell me shoes where the straps had to be pulled over so tight that they were trailing on the floor. when i pointed this out, she recommended cutting off the strap hmm

We get her school shoes from an independent shoe shop but even then there is only one make of shoes that fit properly. Even the startrite slimmer ones are too gapey around the ankle or near the toes. The shoes we get are are called Petisil and dd is on about her 5th pair. She also has one foot bigger than the other so has to wear an insole in one ..
<<rolls eyes>>
I feel your pain smile

boogeek Thu 04-Jun-09 09:38:16

I've walked out of Clarks 3 times for rudeness, incompetence, or trying to sell us something that obviously doesn't fit...oh and do you know anybody, ever, who has been into Clarks and been told the shoes still fit and would do another couple of months?!
£45 sounds about normal to me sad Eye -watering indeed. Luckily our local shop gives a discount for more than one pair, so I make sure both children go together!

yappybluedog Thu 04-Jun-09 09:52:03

my dd is a 10d, Clarks don't even stock that size

We just bought some from Start-Rite and they do fit much better, the front bit comes up higher so doesn't gape

£££ though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now