Talk

Advanced search

to be faffing on MN while DP turns the house upside down looking for his driving licence...

(20 Posts)
triggerhappybaby Wed 03-Jun-09 19:49:02

... and his daughter's passport?

Or am I just being bone idle by not helping grin

butterflymum Wed 03-Jun-09 19:53:13

grin

differentID Wed 03-Jun-09 19:54:19

his belongings- he should have put them in a safe but easily remembered accessible place.grin

nametaken Wed 03-Jun-09 20:01:11

Oh God just stay out of the way and let him get on with it.

triggerhappybaby Wed 03-Jun-09 20:01:11

My thoughts exactly. Industrial language is being used and there are heavy sighs coming from around the chest of drawers.

Still not tempted.

EvenBetaDad Wed 03-Jun-09 20:05:46

Oh this is just TOO funny cruel. grin

Please do go and help - you must have seen the 'Man Looking' thread recently.

triggerhappybaby Wed 03-Jun-09 20:09:29

Thing is, it's a pyrrhic victory as we have people coming to view the house tomorrow and all this mess now has to be tidied up. I suspect that is when the imploring looks will start...

EvenBetaDad Wed 03-Jun-09 20:14:55

How long has he been looking?

triggerhappybaby Wed 03-Jun-09 20:32:45

since 7

EvenBetaDad Wed 03-Jun-09 20:38:36

My goodness there must be quite a mess by now. You don't secretly know where the licence/passport is do you?

triggerhappybaby Wed 03-Jun-09 20:55:29

I bloody wish i did.... lol

EvenBetaDad Wed 03-Jun-09 21:01:06

I bet you could find them straight away though. DW always can - I think she had radar fitted at birth. wink grin.

Turniphead1 Wed 03-Jun-09 21:04:09

Yes , bet he is having a "manlook" - cf my DH's unerring ability to look in a fridge for something and be unable to see it despite it being right there at the front...

Ivykaty44 Wed 03-Jun-09 21:05:33

goodness how old is he now?

Ivykaty44 Wed 03-Jun-09 21:06:23

I spend all day looking for things - its my job smile

Does he want my help?

triggerhappybaby Wed 03-Jun-09 21:32:03

As predicted I went upstairs to ask if he wanted a drink (he was in the loft and had been for a while). I applied myself to the situation. I found driving licence within 30 seconds, I swear it was no longer than that.

<preen>

(admittedly it was in a holiday wallet underneath my rude undies. Bit disgruntled he never looked there to be honest lmao)

EvenBetaDad Wed 03-Jun-09 21:37:57

triggerhappybaby - well done. It just had to end that way. Indeed, I never doubted it for a moment it would end that way. You must have had an idea though before you looked?

What did he say - let me guess?

"Why did you put them there, you must have moved them?"

Well that what I would have said. grin

triggerhappybaby Wed 03-Jun-09 21:41:47

"You hid them - how was I supposed to know to look there?"

I swear I didn't have a clue. I just said I'd look in my drawers for the sake of completeness.

EvenBetaDad Wed 03-Jun-09 21:53:23

Show him this thread - at least he can have a laugh. I have total sympathy with him and you of course. Priceless! grin

triggerhappybaby Wed 03-Jun-09 22:19:04

Ah IvyKaty I've just got that - how old is he now lmao

<thick-as-pigshit emoticon>

Has been a long day - luckily DP has tidied all his own mess up and found something of mine that I thought was gone forever. He is so totally forgiven that I fixed him a vodka. All is well with the world smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now