Talk

Advanced search

to be pissed off at people leaving poo 'marks' in the loo?

(46 Posts)
SickOSkiddies Wed 03-Jun-09 19:12:25

I am bloody sick of it.
If you cannot produce a clean, smooth shit, then at least have the decency to take a bit of loo roll and wipe, don't leave it for others ffs! angry

And I am talking visitors, not just family. [yuk]

bigchris Wed 03-Jun-09 19:13:04

boak

flubdub Wed 03-Jun-09 19:13:41

shock
Ew.

cornsilk Wed 03-Jun-09 19:13:43

ewwwwww

EyeballshasBackBoobs Wed 03-Jun-09 19:14:08

But then you've got to stick your hand down someone else's loo?

Do you have a big problem with faecally (sp?) challenged visitors?

pinkstarfish Wed 03-Jun-09 19:15:32

<dry heaves>

girlandboy Wed 03-Jun-09 19:15:41

A pet hate of mine.

YANBU at all.

SickOSkiddies Wed 03-Jun-09 19:17:53

Pmsl, yes I do seem to have a problem with faecally challenged guests.

My Aunt in particular likes to show up and have that thing I can't spell in my loo and pebbledashes the fecking thing.

How can anyone poo in someone else's loo in the first place? I need to be chilled out.

Mintyy Wed 03-Jun-09 19:18:16

I hope you are not one of these Mumsnet nutcases who does not own a loo brush? If I accidentally left a mark on someone else's loo (yes, it can happen) but there was no loo brush, then I'm afraid said skiddie would have to stay there.

Hassled Wed 03-Jun-09 19:19:19

YANBU. In my case, in fairness, it only seems to be immediate family. But still, it's bloody gross.

bigchris Wed 03-Jun-09 19:19:20

god I would use loo roll to get rid of any marks if o brush, no way wold i just leave it there, I would be mortified

EyeballshasBackBoobs Wed 03-Jun-09 19:20:08

Well that's a whole different issue. I can't even poo in my mum's loo anymore blush

<<vom>> <<vom>> @ pebble-dashing aunt!

cornsilk Wed 03-Jun-09 19:20:22

I would not invite the aunt. Or give her a potty and send her behind the shed.

fluffles Wed 03-Jun-09 19:20:48

do you mean above or below the water line? no WAY would i put my hand into the water to wipe away a mark... no no no no no!!!!

SickOSkiddies Wed 03-Jun-09 19:21:44

Mintyy, I am indeed one of those nutcases. grin

This name is a disguise as I was a little concerned that I might have been over reacting. Apparently my fears were unfounded.

springlamb Wed 03-Jun-09 19:22:12

But this is what the toilet brush next to the loo is for? And the toilet cleaner?
And the air freshener?
IME, when the supplies are close to hand, most adults will use them. Maybe I just have very polite friends and family but the only mess I've ever dealt with is children's.

fucksticks Wed 03-Jun-09 19:22:30

no loo brush then no cleaning it off!

no way i'm sticking my hand down someone elses loo, I'd rather suffer the embarassment of leaving skid marks!

EyeballshasBackBoobs Wed 03-Jun-09 19:22:42

Exactly fluffles. The most you could do is wait and repeat flush, but then you face the enquiring looks that the duplicate flushing produces

SickOSkiddies Wed 03-Jun-09 19:23:00

But Fluffles, it is YOUR POO.

Well, not literally.

I would be willing to provide disposable latex gloves - I am not entirely unreasonable. grin wink

BCNS Wed 03-Jun-09 19:24:07

I have a loo brush for this very reason.. there is no way I'm cleaning off someone elses concretes cack of my bowl.. I mean there is a limit !

SickOSkiddies Wed 03-Jun-09 19:25:12

God, you lot are wimps wrt loo water. grin

If you don't do it, some other poor sod will have to. As I say, I have a large supply of gloves in various sizes and in non-latex. Problem solved.

Or I might opt for the potty/shed option.

springlamb Wed 03-Jun-09 19:25:57

Why no toilet brush?
I can understand you may not want to use cleaner/air freshener for eco reasons, but a £2 Tesco Value toilet brush is surely more ethical than cleaning your loo with loads of toilet paper or - shudders - wipes.

onepieceofcremeegg Wed 03-Jun-09 19:26:58

Do you expect the person to emerge and say "oh excuse me do you have any disposable gloves!?" shock

I would use the following tactic if pooing in a non-home loo.

1. Put a few sheets of loo roll down first.

2. If marks still occur, use loo brush if available (I don't have one at my home btw)

3. if marks occur and no loo brush, squirt a small amount of any type of loo cleaner/bleach/bathroom cleaner/if desperate liquid soap down loo whilst flushing for the 2nd time. The foam will disperse some of the marks (hopefully) and if not will disguise any marks. Also stick a bit more clean loo roll down to camouflage the marks for the next person.

4. If marks are above the water line wipe away with a handful of loo roll

5. wash hands thoroughly after any or all of the above.

SickOSkiddies Wed 03-Jun-09 19:27:47

Yuk! I HATE loo brushes.

As Mintyy correctly identified, I am one of those loons who objects to loo brushes due to them being revolting, shite-encrusted things.

ilovemydogandmrobama Wed 03-Jun-09 19:27:56

You obviously haven't had builders in the house for long periods. I didn't mind so much, but he would ask for a magazine and then leave skidmarks shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now