Talk

Advanced search

to have wanted to lamp this man at school today?

(11 Posts)
NationalFlight Wed 03-Jun-09 18:38:19

I was at school this morning and we were all lining up with our children, ds is in yr1.

I suddenly heard a large man talking very loudly, whilst staring at a little girl in the line. I think he was with her parent, maybe a family friend? Anyway what he said was awful:

'...Pretty little thing..' (thing??)

'Big bellybutton though..' shock

This child is 5 or 6
He practically shouted it across the playground. I LOOKED at him with an expression of puzzled disgust but I doubt t'll have an effect.

Was it me being stroppy or was this a totally out of order thing to say? It was said with such pomposity and seriousness - not a hint of humour or kindness, just like he was trying to be SO clever and incisive.(FFS)

Why didn't her parent say anything, as well? Comments like that can really damage a child's self esteem, can't they?

Btw he had a stomach the size of Scotland himself, he was about 50. I almost pointed this out but thought I had better not. grin

retiredgoth2 Wed 03-Jun-09 18:44:03

....very pleased to see the verb to lamp in this context.

It is, I think, sorely underused.

...I have been busy conjugating the verb:

Lamp
Lamps
Lamped
Lamping
Lamper(s)
Lampee(s)

...I am sad and should get a life.

And you are definitely not being unreasonable, by the way!

NationalFlight Wed 03-Jun-09 18:52:36

Yes feel free to come and CONJUGATE on my thread!!! angrygrin

Thankyou for the yanbu. smile

He was such a big GIT. I hope the little girl just ignored it.

McSnail Wed 03-Jun-09 19:47:19

What a weird thing to fixate on.
Some people are just twats.

McSnail Wed 03-Jun-09 19:47:52

(As in HIM, not you)

pointydog Wed 03-Jun-09 19:50:21

big bellybutton??
I don't geddit

Deemented Wed 03-Jun-09 19:51:51

If they were going into sschool, how could he see her bellybutton?

NationalFlight Wed 03-Jun-09 19:53:12

I think prob her top lifted up as she was playing, or something...he was staring, anyway hmm

yuk
Big fat git

did I say that? grin

Ripeberry Wed 03-Jun-09 19:56:15

Sounds like he's a pervert! Some kids in the playground started up a chant of "Looser Fairy!, looser fairy!" directing it at a girl on the school bus, these were 7-8yr olds as well hmm

LovelyTinOfSpam Wed 03-Jun-09 20:00:25

"Pretty little thing" not that odd.

Big bellybutton fucking weird.

YANBU.

NationalFlight Wed 03-Jun-09 20:02:50

I didn't really notice the parent's reaction, I was too busy staring him out in a very 'wtf did you just say' kind of way. Perhaps her mum/dad hates him and was too embarrassed to comment. One can hope.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now