Talk

Advanced search

to refuse to go out tonight?

(19 Posts)
fucksticks Wed 03-Jun-09 08:37:19

I am too too tired!

Background: I made a comment last week about how nice it is for DH that he can go out for drinks after work. He commutes to work so is out from 7am till 8pm every week day at least. I cant often go out on a week night as by the time he gets home and then I go anywhere its 9pm and thats too late to start a night out for most people!

Anyway, he has told me to 'keep Wed night free' but wont say why. I'm guessing he's taking me out for dinner or something like that.
We havent had a night out just the two of us since about 8 months ago when we went to a wedding party! (lack of babysitters and lack of money!)

BUT DH was away Fri morning to Sun night on a stag do, he was out last night till 2am, is out again Thursday till late. The children are being nightmares at night and I havent had more than 2 hours sleep in a row since last week.

I am too tired to go out tonight, get to bed later than normal and then carry on with sleepless nights as per usual!

AIBU to call DH at work, insist he tell me what plans are for tonight and get him to postpone to another night?

ItsAllaBitNoisy Wed 03-Jun-09 08:44:29

YANBU

AddictedtoCrunchies Wed 03-Jun-09 08:56:30

YANBU
Tell him if he's planned a surprise, you'd prefer it if you could go to bed at 7 and he can take charge.!

AddictedtoCrunchies Wed 03-Jun-09 08:57:12

Ooh I didn't mean that in a rude way..blush. I meant you can go to bed to sleep at 7 and he can wash the pots and do the ironing.

PuppyMonkey Wed 03-Jun-09 09:05:04

YANBU. Anyway, you can't go out tonight purely because it's the interviews on The Apprentice, BBC1 9pm. You would be insane to miss it. grin

tonysoprano Wed 03-Jun-09 09:07:26

I think you should try and put your tiredness to one side and make and effort to go out with your hubby. You really will enjoy it once you're out and life is for living. Get out there and have fun....don't forget the under eye concealer!

Tortington Wed 03-Jun-09 09:08:35

tell him to keep tuesdays and thursdays free - he is watching the kids whilst you go out

Boys2mam Wed 03-Jun-09 09:08:56

I think YAB a teeny bit U - poor bloke has listened to what you've said and it sounds like he's made plans, how many blokes on here get berated (sp?) for not bothering smile

Maybe you should try talking to him about all his activities outside the home and helping you out more?

nametaken Wed 03-Jun-09 09:09:43

Go out - I know your tired but you complained your dh doesn't take you anywhere now he's organised something and you're throwing it back in his face.

ring him, be nice, and say you're really looking forward to going out tonight but would it be OK to be home by about 10 for a (reasonably) early night.

Going out will help your tiredness, not make it worse.

(I'm sure mumsnetters think I'm just an argumentative old cow, I always seem to say the exact opposite to everyone else)

pjmama Wed 03-Jun-09 09:14:50

I agree that you should make the effort, you'll probably really enjoy it once you're out. It sounds like he's trying to do something nice for you, he might not do it again if you upset him!

I'd have a word about the distribution of labour though! He sounds like he's getting far too many nights out to me! wink

slayerette Wed 03-Jun-09 09:22:05

I agree with those who say you should make the effort - if you hadn't said anything then fair enough to say you're too tired tonight but it seems as if he listened to your complaint and is acting on it! That makes him unusual to say the least - do you know how many women long for their partners to do something spontaneous just once over the course of their relationship - so if you now turn him down, don't you dare come on MN ever again complaining that he doesn't do anything for you grin

IneedacleanerIamalazyslattern Wed 03-Jun-09 09:59:56

A go out from me too.
My dc's were with their dad last weekend and I was shattered, DP and I not been out in months and the children had been ill I had been ill and nobody had, had a decent nights sleep for weeks and I needed a really good rest.

But we went out as we finally had the oppertunity, went for a chinese then onto the cinema. Never got to bed until after 2am in the end and the next morning I was up bouncing about full of beans because that little break in the momotony of sleepless nights and sick children had done me the power of good, I realised afterwards how much I actually needed it.

So spend a bit of time making yourself gorgeous and go and have a good time. grin

mychildrenarebarmy Wed 03-Jun-09 10:14:38

Go out and have fun. Don't be such a stroppy mare. I'm only saying that because I was earlier in the year for similair reasons and ended up being very red faced when our night out turned out to be a very lovely trip into London to go on the London eye. I felt very guilty as it was something that DH had been planning for a while and had saved the money to pay for from doing overtime. blush Served me right for being so bloody miserable!

Enjoy.

fucksticks Wed 03-Jun-09 19:20:00

Update - I'm going out! Lets just hope I stay awake throughout dinner grin

pjmama Wed 03-Jun-09 19:22:49

Have a large one for me!

pinkstarfish Wed 03-Jun-09 19:26:43

Enjoy! smile

pjmama Thu 04-Jun-09 09:24:32

Did you have a nice time?

fucksticks Thu 04-Jun-09 13:20:49

Yes, I did, thank you for asking!
It wasnt a late one, but it was lovely to have some time to ourselves. Have decided to do it once a month going forward if we can!

CowWatcher Thu 04-Jun-09 13:25:06

good for you. Date night can keep relationship alive. Hope you sleep well tonight though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now