Talk

Advanced search

to think that a complaint should have some substance?

(3 Posts)
ilovemydogandmrobama Tue 02-Jun-09 17:23:00

The dog warden arrived on our doorstep this morning saying that a complaint had been received about our dogs fouling the back alley.

The back alley has a locked gate and only residents have a key. (as a side note, the complaint was almost certainly made by a neighbor who lost the key and after various promises to get a new lock and copy, I finally told him that he had 24 hours, or would be getting a lock myself...)

The dogs never go into the back alley at all. Never. I asked the dog warden about specifics about the complaint and he said he, ' couldn't divulge that information..' I asked him if the dogs were being accused of being in the back alley, and he said he, 'couldn't divulge that information...'

Oh, and one of the builders next door pointed out it was actually cat excrement anyway.

But shouldn't complaints have specifics or AIBU?

3littlefrogs Tue 02-Jun-09 17:29:23

I would be inclined to put a response in writing, making the points that you have made here re the dogs not being allowed etc, and the fact that it is cat poo.

What was the outcome with the neighbour and the key? Who provided the original lock and keys? Was it the local authority?

ilovemydogandmrobama Tue 02-Jun-09 17:41:12

Thanks -- the dog warden said that he would have a look, but didn't hmm

The neighbor eventually replaced the lock, but then didn't give us a key, so didn't have access through to the back garden, so ended up having to get a tile delivery in the front and moving a ton of tiles (literally!) on my own. Box by box!

I was a bit peeved and let him know wink We now have a key.

It's private land...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now