Talk

Advanced search

to be cheesed off that i want to sit in my back garden but my neighbour is using noisy power tools

(13 Posts)
summerbird Tue 02-Jun-09 12:10:52

I know i am being completely unreasonable (specially as we were using power tools last weekend but that was inside the house).

Oh but it is a lovely day and i have a new friend coming round to sit in the garden with me and i was really looking forward to it. Then the guy that backs onto us has been sawing something for ages now just over the fence so it is really noisy.

I know he isnt doing anything wrong but i just wanted to have a rant about it!

flamingobingo Tue 02-Jun-09 12:13:33

YANBU to be cheesed off, but maybe he's thought 'I won't use them at the weekend when everyone will be out enjoying their garden, I'll save it for a weekday when hopefully most people will be at work or school'. I suppose he's got to do it sometime!

Greensleeves Tue 02-Jun-09 12:17:34

Hmmm, when would you prefer him to do it? It is annoying but really, with all due respect, it's tough shit

We have a milk-curdling old misery who lives behind us who pokes her head over the parapet EVERY time we burn anything and says "How very inconsiderate" as if we were chucking buckets of piss over her fence. If she was having a party or something we would be happy to postpone our (occasional) camp fire/small bonfire, if asked politely. But she complains EVERY time. And it ain't illegal to burn stuff, so she can sod off.

mumblechum Tue 02-Jun-09 12:20:30

If your friend wasn't coming round I'd be suggesting earplugs which is what I have to use sometimes as next door's children are v. whiny & never seem to stop screeching.

Lizzylou Tue 02-Jun-09 12:23:50

I have two sets of neighbours having work done on their gardens with noisy power tools, seemingly a lot of work as it has been going on for about 10days now.
I work from home and can't hear myself think with the windows open and am hot!
But would prefer them to be doing it now as it's a slow work day anyway and they need to do it sometime I guess?
Annoying though grin
But vengeance shall be mine when my DS's get out in the garden at 3.30pmgrin

Lizzylou Tue 02-Jun-09 12:24:27

OOh Mumblechum, are you my neighbour? wink

summerbird Tue 02-Jun-09 12:38:00

shh i think he has stopped! hmm

dont take me too seriously, of course he has to do it sometime i completely appreciate that, just when it inteferes with MY plans i get all narky grin

greensleeves we were power tooling and burning our chiminea last weekend so i am with you!!

oh and did i mention that i am super hyper hormonal 40 weeks pg lady grin grin

summerbird Tue 02-Jun-09 12:38:45

oo and lizzylou i too will get him back when my newborn is blaring at 3am with the windows open (as it is hot you know) wink

MumtoCharlieandLola Tue 02-Jun-09 12:39:56

You are not alone, yesterday I had the neighbour with power tools, the council grass cutters, the bin collection and the recycling collection, the skip lorry came to pick up my skip and then the delivery lorry came with the stones for the drive.

All in all though, its better than being at work and today I am stuck in a dark dreary office, in a huge council building, wishing I was outside.

You are lucky !

MumtoCharlieandLola Tue 02-Jun-09 12:40:49

Then again, just read the 40 weeks bit, and in this hot weather too !

I am luckier grin

summerbird Tue 02-Jun-09 12:44:22

i am sat here with hand held fan agreeing with you mumtocharlieandlola grin

i have got it - praps i should have a home birth, preferably at 3am with the windows wide open with the neighbours hearing me screaming and effing and blinding to the high heavens!!

gosh i am soooo evil grin

MumtoCharlieandLola Tue 02-Jun-09 12:49:20

Surprised that at 40 weeks, you can find your fan to hold it in your hand

LOL

Sorry, just came off the thread I was on last night about the man in shorts with an erection which lead to a whole new thread about camping ......

summerbird Tue 02-Jun-09 13:33:53

i saw the erection thread, had to stop reading it as I got way too disturbed hmm

as for my fan(jo) i lost sight of that months ago!! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now