Talk

Advanced search

Is 7.30am too early for the builders next door to start noisy work?

(15 Posts)
TheYearOfTheCat Tue 02-Jun-09 08:15:48

I would elaborate on my post, but I'm too tired . . .

LovelyRitaMeterMaid Tue 02-Jun-09 08:17:31

I'd say it would be a pain. Although just about acceptable. 8am would be better.

rubyslippers Tue 02-Jun-09 08:18:03

no - i think noise restrictions run from 11 pm until 7 am

it is a wee bit anti-social but it isn't a weekend

perhaps a quiet word with the neighbours to ask them to keep it down a bit until 8 am?

the earlier they start the quicker they can finish tho' ...

messymissy Tue 02-Jun-09 08:19:30

8 am is the usually start - builders work 8-4 generally. Have a friendly word with them and ask them to start at 8.

How long will the work take?

PfftTheMagicDragon Tue 02-Jun-09 08:20:14

On a weekday? No.

WowOoo Tue 02-Jun-09 08:25:15

When I went through this I called the council and they said that here it was 7am to 11pm.

I had to move out temporarily as it was so bad (had a newborn at the time). I sympathise.

I asked neighbours if they could stop earlier in evening and start later but they jsut said they had work to do. It sucks.

norksinmywaistband Tue 02-Jun-09 08:27:29

I think 7.30 is fine - but then we are all up and about at 6

mankyscotslass Tue 02-Jun-09 08:28:16

I wouldn't be too bothered by 7.30 starts on a weekday, but then I am up from 5.30 with the kids anyway. It's not ideal, but it is within council guidelines.

If it was at the weekend I would be furious, as DH and I take it in turns to lie in til 8.

TheYearOfTheCat Tue 02-Jun-09 08:29:31

Neighbours have moved out - it is going to be a 4 month project.

Whatever machine it is they are using is very loud.

TheYearOfTheCat Tue 02-Jun-09 08:35:09

I think I am a bit sleep deprived at the moment. Sunday was my lie in morning, and I was woken by the Race for Life event beside us - PA blaring Voulez vouz couchez avec mois, c'est soir at 8.00. I know it's a good cause, but fgs.

Had a hideously bad night's sleep last night. 7.30 this morning just seemed very very early.

mankyscotslass Tue 02-Jun-09 08:39:41

Oh I sympathise. sad

But I don't think 7.30 is that bad, although I can undertstand how tired you are. Plus it must feel worse knowing it's going on for months.

Can you have a word and ask them to let you know in advance the days they are doing the really noisy stuff, so at least you are prepared?

branflake81 Tue 02-Jun-09 10:19:06

I think 7:30am is fine on a weekday. Most people are up and about by then.

Longtalljosie Wed 03-Jun-09 06:34:59

Check with your local council, each one has different regulations on this. Where I used to live, it was 8am on a weekday. Hoping it's the same with you...

Bucharest Wed 03-Jun-09 07:00:58

Lucky you...the ones above me started at 5am when they were gutting the apartment.....shock
The only thing I can advise, is to do what I did and go to bed feckin early while they're here, (I was pg at the time we had them upstairs and would go to bed about 9pm)

CaptainUnderpants Wed 03-Jun-09 07:05:27

Check the planning permission for the actual build which should be online with your local council.

Ours was 8am , the labourer uesd to arrive on site at 7.30am gett everthing ready but construction and machinery etc didn't start until 8am.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now