Talk

Advanced search

to really hate the summer? Join me in my hate!!

(33 Posts)
FluffyBunnyGoneBad Mon 01-Jun-09 23:57:51

Heat, hayfever, sweaty bits, can't sleep, flies, heat, can't cool down, people half naked walking around, sunburn, what's to like??

nevergoogledragonbutter Mon 01-Jun-09 23:58:23

roll on autumn. my favourite.

Molesworth Mon 01-Jun-09 23:59:23

another summer hater here grin

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Mon 01-Jun-09 23:59:52

I love autumn. leaves on the ground, rain, cool air, no flies. Spring's quite nice aswell. Almost tolerable. Winter's alright, snow's fab. Hate the summer!

cornsilk Tue 02-Jun-09 00:02:33

Chilled white wine, late evenings in the garden, barbecue, school holidays. I love Summer.

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Tue 02-Jun-09 00:04:29

Be off with you heatseeker!! grin

Flies in your wine. Late evening followed by a sticky, hot night so you can't sleep, food poisoning from undercooked barbecue meat, 6 weeks of 'mum, I'm so bored', overpriced holidays. Bah!

giraffesCantRunA10k Tue 02-Jun-09 00:05:43

Surely all thats just an excuse to scoff icecream though? WHich makes it all better anyway.

Tigerbear Tue 02-Jun-09 00:07:34

I like the IDEA of summer, however I just get annoyed with myself because I can't wear anything nice due to: legs looking horrific with shaving rash and cellulite, face looking spotty (so worse in the sun - sweaty makeup and spots, hmm, nice), and generally not being to cover up the wobbly bits as well in the winter. I generally hide in my fail safe skinny jeans for as long as possible, but horrid on really hot days... Have also got weird dark patches under my arms - brownish yellow - sooooo annoying and can't wear sleeveless tops at the moment. I think it's a combo of deodorant stains, shaving rash, and friction from when I go running. Anyone got any remedies / had the same sort of thing???

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Tue 02-Jun-09 00:07:49

Ice cream? Think of the calories. It doesn't cool you down, it melts all over your hands, goes stickey, then you are like this all day.

You don't need an excuse to eat ice cream giraffes. It's better to eat it when the waether's cold so it doesn't melt so quickly wink

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Tue 02-Jun-09 00:11:27

Brownish yellow is bacteria/fungal infection I think. Pop to the GP. Flowing cotton looks so much better then tight tops in the summer IMO, hides wobbly bits aswell so it's a bonus! Shaving rash:use an epilady/wax. No rash and you don't need to wax as often.

sweaty, sticky sunblock! Yuk!

Tigerbear Tue 02-Jun-09 00:14:56

Thanks for the tips Fluffy! Will get down to the GP - have been hoping it would go away by itself, but obviously not!

QuintessentialShadow Tue 02-Jun-09 00:15:32

You need to go and live in the artic.

You should try having a summer where you yell "Whoppee Kay-ay it is 12 degrees" (centigrades) from pure joy and dress your kids in shorts and t shirts just because the sun is out never mind there was a blizzard 10 minutes ago.

Yup, you should try.

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Tue 02-Jun-09 00:17:44

I'd love the artic (seriously). I love the cold, it's so much easier to warm up then it is to cool down.

QuintessentialShadow Tue 02-Jun-09 00:19:32

I can assure you it will wear you down after some time.

Dh is not impressed. sad
He is considering moving back to the Uk.

LaurieFairyCake Tue 02-Jun-09 00:19:52

I'm a freak, I love all the seasons, love the way they change, watching the passage of time

<wafts out>

cornsilk Tue 02-Jun-09 00:20:22

Do you live in the arctic QS?

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Tue 02-Jun-09 00:22:11

You're in Norway arn't you Quint? I'd love the weather, the constant darkness in the Winter would piss me off though. Do they have higher rates of illnesses due to lack of vitamin d there?

QuintessentialShadow Tue 02-Jun-09 00:23:16

Yup sure do. It is bright day light, right now, 1.30 am. But freezing cold.

I should really get to bed, as need to get up early to get the kids to school/preschool. But I cant, as dh went out for a walk. The climate is depressing him.

QuintessentialShadow Tue 02-Jun-09 00:24:26

No, I dont think there is a higher rate of illness. Our kids have been healthier than ever before this winter. Despite the sub zero temperatures and playing outdoors whatever the weather for hours at the time.

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Tue 02-Jun-09 00:25:36

Ohh, heaven!
Night. smile

Clary Tue 02-Jun-09 00:25:44

ooh yes washing dries in moments, garden furniture out, cricket at the Rec, lon glogn evenings so you can garden till 9pm, no tights, no jumpers.

Sorry fluffy don't get hayfever or flies.

Salme101 Tue 02-Jun-09 00:31:44

Nice to know it isn't just me that hates being too hot and being crowded by masses of people in search of cafe terraces. People playing loud, crappy music in their cars with their windows down also annoys me (it is a year-round problem where I live, but worse in the summer). I'm quite reliant on a temperate climate, in that my wardrobe has to last pretty much year-round, so summer always seems to catch me out. Having said that, snow is worse, albeit snow sometimes stops you from getting into work grin

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Tue 02-Jun-09 00:35:29

hayfever's nasty! Permanent flu all summer. Flies are everywhere, you are not excempt for living in the next suburb! The annoying little buggers that fly in your face for two or three days in the summer are a PITA. Druk people at the cricket, can't even enjoy the concert in the part for the smokers/drinkers/talkers. Sweaty arm pits, gross! Long evenings in the garden annoying the neighbours as you are too loud is common here. Mine have just moved so I may get some peace (yeah).

I hate the summer. One week in Paris followed by 5 weeks in the house/in the pool at the gym because I can't stand the heat. Roll on autumn!

Clary Tue 02-Jun-09 00:43:22

lol at my fly-free suberb grin

No I meant that they don't bite me (too sour wink) so they don't bother me really.

Agree hayfever must be grim.

No drunk people at cricket here in this posh bit y'know wink

Anyway at least in the summer if people are drunk you can wander off and get away from them. It's much nicer to go for a walk when the sun is out and the butterflies on the wing <sorry - DH a lepidopterist>

Clary Tue 02-Jun-09 00:44:10

ooops suburb I meant, oh dear it must be late

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now