Talk

Advanced search

To hate flashing bunny ears/hats/batons etc at tour gigs?

(7 Posts)
mears Sun 31-May-09 12:23:50

Took DD (15yrs)ande a friend to see Girls Alound last night and I have to say they were surprisingly excellent.

It was a real pain though the number of flashing extras all over the place and unfortunately a little girl had flashing bunny ears on her head right in front of me. I am prone to migraine and I could not tolerate the speed on the flashing so close to me.

I asked her mum if the speed could be altered (there were varying rates of flashing ears about) but unfortunately the rate couldn't be slowed down.

The mum very kindly turned the ears off but I felt guilty about it. The little girl beside her kept hers on flashing away which my daughter hated but she put up with it (this mum and daughter came with the mum in front of me).

I did say to the mum to put the lights on after a while but she said that her little girl couldn't see the flashing anyway so they didn't need to be on.

I suppose the answer will be that I shouldn't go but my daughter was desperate to go and wanted me there too.

mears Sun 31-May-09 12:55:01

Anyone? Am I just a grumpy old woman?

KingCanuteIAm Sun 31-May-09 12:57:47

No you are not grumpy (well you may be but not about this!)

I hate the bloomin things, very distracting and irritating and the people who are getting the enjoyment out of them cannot even see them (as the mum said). Pointless waste of money and resources.

I'm with you on this one.

<sits on grumpy old lady bench> grin

mears Sun 31-May-09 13:04:09

Thank you for that. I thought I might get a mumsnet roasting smile There's still time though......

KingCanuteIAm Sun 31-May-09 13:05:39

Don't worry, someone will pick this up after they have finished roasting in the sun and pickling in chilled white - then you will be for it wink

bruffin Sun 31-May-09 14:15:50

YANBU
We went to see HSM the show last year and the last 3 songs were ruined because 2 little boys in front had light sabers which were being waved in our faces, so couldn't see a thing.
I complained to management afterwards. DD's friend went to see the next show and the things were banned thankfully.

mears Sun 31-May-09 21:43:13

I really can't see the purpose of them to be honest.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now