Talk

Advanced search

To think that Simon Cowell was the only truthful judge last night on BGT?

(19 Posts)
howtotellmum Sun 31-May-09 10:19:55

and that the sickly comments of Amanda H and Piers really made my stomach churn- why could they not have been more honest?

Half the acts were rubbish and wouldn't have made it to a village hall talent show.

I think S is the only one with any real honesty- and even he seemed to rein his criticisms in a bit last night.

clam Sun 31-May-09 10:22:54

Thought it interesting that the contestants only really seem to take account of his opinions. Aidan (? the dancer) basically dismissed the positive feedback from Amanda and Piers and became upset when Simon didn't particularly enthuse. His is the thunbs-up they all want.

pjmama Sun 31-May-09 10:26:06

That's because he tells the truth and the others sugar coat it!

scarletlilybug Sun 31-May-09 10:26:35

Quite right - they were by no means all "world class" and wonderful.

I don't rate either Amanda's or Piers's judgement.

howtotellmum Sun 31-May-09 10:28:55

I think Amanda just wanted to be nice to everyone. it makes a bit of a mockery of it.

I used to hate Simon C- now I think he's lovely- he is still a bit soppy underneath itall and you could tell that even when he criticised he was trying tolet them down gently.

BBisfinallyPG Sun 31-May-09 10:41:40

amanda holden tries to play the crowd, she wants to be liked, i dont even know what she is "famous" for??? i absolutely abhor the woman, pathetic sheep. As for piers morgan since when did editing a friggin newspaper qualify you to judge " talent" another useless nerk....

lockets Sun 31-May-09 10:45:34

Message withdrawn

ellingwoman Sun 31-May-09 10:48:56

Do you think his comments influence the voters though?

ZZZen Sun 31-May-09 10:49:00

Well Amanda and Piers don't really know anything much about music/dance, do they? As far as I know, she acted in a couple of soaps and he was a journalist so I don't know how accurately they could assess the performances. I mean they have seen a lot by now so they can tell if what they see is better than usual maybe but otherwise? Simon at least works in the music industry.

I sort of had the impression with Piers he just says everything is brilliant, terrific when it's an absurd or useless act to annoy Simon. Amanda I thought has no idea so looks a bit nonplussed and then sides with Piers on principle. Can't believe the number of utter rubbish acts those two let go through.

ellingwoman Sun 31-May-09 10:49:52

Oh yes - that's what you meant blush

Must wake up before I Mumsnet...

ZZZen Sun 31-May-09 10:50:06

You know I was wonderign what happened to that guy who sung in Spanish - Andrew Archeos? Just saw a snippet of his audition on youtube and I thought he was really good. How come he didn't get further?

howtotellmum Sun 31-May-09 11:07:08

Wasn't Amanda is some west end musical?

Can't stand Piers- he thinks so highly of himself!

RumourOfAHurricane Sun 31-May-09 11:07:31

Message withdrawn

howtotellmum Sun 31-May-09 11:10:04

amanda H

Holden has appeared in several stage musicals and in 2004 was nominated for a Laurence Olivier Theatre Award for Best Actress in a Musical for her performance in the West End production of Thoroughly Modern Millie[3], which closed because she wouldn't take a pay cut, even though the rest of the cast had all agreed in order to keep the show running.

ZZZen Sun 31-May-09 11:11:26

oh thanks, I#d never heard of Amanda Holden before. Well then I take that back, if she is a musical performer she can judge singing and dancing ok at that level

ZZZen Sun 31-May-09 11:14:03

mind you I'd never heard of any of them before.

laweaselmys Sun 31-May-09 11:17:29

ellingwomen I don't know, but I was really pleased with the result - totally the right winner. In fact I may have been doing a little dance and actually planning to watch the RVS because I can't wait to see what they do for it.

PerfectPrefect Sun 31-May-09 11:18:43

TBH I - although I kind of agree that Simon was the only one being HONEST I think that negative comments were unnessary in the final.

Neutral fine. Moderated fine. Grades of good/very good/brilliant fine. But in the final NEGATIVITY was not necessary IMO.

ellingwoman Sun 31-May-09 11:21:01

They are so exciting to watch and I will join you watching the RVS!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now