Talk

Advanced search

To want Susan Boyle to win tonight... BGT

(40 Posts)
howtotellmum Sat 30-May-09 20:07:36

and not Hollie- ....

or Stavros?

Susan's is the only act that sends shivers down my spine.

LadyAga Sat 30-May-09 20:09:18

DIVERSITY!!!!

RumourOfAHurricane Sat 30-May-09 20:17:14

Message withdrawn

howtotellmum Sat 30-May-09 20:19:19

But it takes more COURAGE to go out on your own, surely?

LadyAga Sat 30-May-09 20:21:23

oops sorry....I was watching the Britain's Got Talent show not the Britain's Got Courage show

howtotellmum Sat 30-May-09 20:25:47

oh ha-ha.

All the talent in the world won't make you a winner if you don't have courage.

LadyAga Sat 30-May-09 20:30:21

Is that a line from the wizard of oz? grin

To be honest I am a SuBo fan, I love her story and I'm gutted that she got all the bad press this week. But I thought Diversity were awesome and I'm really excited to see what else they can do. SuBo will continue to have a singing career but it will be a case of knocking out big ballad covers and it will get boring (IMO)

RumourOfAHurricane Sat 30-May-09 20:30:53

Message withdrawn

cookielove Sat 30-May-09 20:32:17

i prefer divesity, but really want starvos flatly to win, they rock

expatinscotland Sat 30-May-09 20:32:48

Sorry, I don't find her that impressive tonight.

I voted for Diversity.

howtotellmum Sat 30-May-09 20:33:48

They're fighting worse than lions- the great British public!

RumourOfAHurricane Sat 30-May-09 20:33:49

Message withdrawn

howtotellmum Sat 30-May-09 20:35:12

How come Stavros and son are so FAT - woth all that exercise they should be rake thin!

Sorry- man boobs just don't do it for me, although the dad is a real comedian.

expatinscotland Sat 30-May-09 20:35:19

I think Stavros Flatley's lame.

I really don't fancy seeing all that flab bouncing around.

mrz Sat 30-May-09 20:36:21

Diversity or Julian!!!

cookielove Sat 30-May-09 20:38:14

i love it at the end of their dance bent over trying to catch there breath. Ha ha. Well i've never watched the royal variety performance so it doesn't really bother me.

Diversity should win for talent though they are soooo good

LadyAga Sat 30-May-09 20:40:01

awwww, I really like Stavros Flatley; but their act is limited.

AnathemaDevice Sat 30-May-09 20:42:26

I love Stavros Flatley, but don't think they should win. I voted for Diversity, they were amazing, I loved the bit with the crosses.
I really don't get all the fuss about Susan Boyle, to be honest. She's a good singer, but nothing spectacular.

sixlostmonkeys Sat 30-May-09 20:47:32

the thing with susan boyle is the initial shock of the unexpected voice coming from such an appearance. Is that true talent though?
The british are known for voting for the underdog, so she may win, on that basis. If voting goes for true talent then she won't.
If voters go for true talent, the one that can be relied on to perform well on the night and provide pure entertainment then there are other that leave susan standing.....

FickleFairy Sat 30-May-09 20:52:29

I am so over SUBO!!

And I have got to say that the judges raved over her tonight but I honestly think they are only going that over the top because to look at her you never expect her to be that good! Now am I being unreasonable lol?

I just think if she had come on dressed regularly for her age etc etc, that yeah they'd have said she sung well, which she does, but the world wouldn't have gone so mad.

I love loads of them tonight - Diversity, Flawless, Shaun Smith, Aiden, but got to say my vote is going to Stavros Flatley - in a country full of doom and gloom they made me laugh out loud tonight, and what a special relationship that father and son have got.

*climbs down off box of Daz*

cookielove Sat 30-May-09 20:54:25

do you not think susan acted quite odd tonight?

and she was off key in the semi final, at the beginging

FickleFairy Sat 30-May-09 20:57:11

Cookie - I think she was a bit reserved after all the bad press she has had this week saying she's been acting up.

howtotellmum Sat 30-May-09 20:58:51

The semi final is over cookie..

I think Susan decided tonight to tone down her silliness and be a more "serious" contender- perhaps on advice of someone who knows about these things! The little jigs etc were endearing at first but then they gor tiresome and may well have cost her votes if she had repeated them tonight.

I did wonder though if she'd had some Valium or something as well- they say they have access to drs and psychologists!

cookielove Sat 30-May-09 20:59:16

i liked how she behaved before, with the shaking hips, i know she's been dissed in the papers but i haven't been following it so i don't know what was said. i think she should just be who she is

BanjosFanjo Sat 30-May-09 21:00:40

I totally LOVE Diversity (BitOfFun here btw with my tribute name to their choreographer Ashley Banjo!), but I sort of want SuBo to win too, especially as DP has done a pop-art painting of her being kissed by Ashto Kutcher after the old Robert Doisneau shot "Kiss In Front Of The Hotel Du Ville" here...so if she becomes a big star, Simon Cowell might buy it < dreams of riches > LOL

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now