Talk

Advanced search

to pretend I haven't noticed the ants marching around the playroom and leave them for DH to deal with when he gets home?

(6 Posts)
MummyDragon Fri 15-May-09 13:24:07

AIBU or not? I am not scared of ants, I just can't be bothered clearing everything out of the room, sweeping/hoovering all the ants up (can't spray antkiller in there coz of kids and dog ...)

Maybe they'll just disappear all by themselves?

madame Fri 15-May-09 20:00:22

You are being a little unreasonable but I do understand. Be honest with yourself and think who has had the hardest day then decide who should deal with it!

Thunderduck Fri 15-May-09 20:03:55

Get these.

They are wonderful.The access holes are tiny and should be safe with children and pets around. Our pets ignored them completely.

We put them down, the ants immediately swarmed to them. We let them take the bait back to the nest, didn't see a single ant the following day and have never seen any since.grin

southeastastra Fri 15-May-09 20:04:48

lure them away with a trail of tic tacs

loobeylou Fri 15-May-09 20:35:29

TOP TIP for ants coming in through a doorway is put some peppermint oil along the doorstep, they will not cross it (reapply every couple of days in hot weather, you only need a smear on some cotton wool)

MummyDragon Sun 31-May-09 07:23:38

Ladies, thank you so much for your replies - I am very sorry this is a late reply but I have been moving house (aarrggghh) ... I did get one of those antkiller thingies that Thunderduck suggested and it was great, plus I have taken the peppermint oil tip on board loobeylou - thank you smile

And madame - you are the voice of reason! x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now