Talk

Advanced search

To feel so disappointed as I really thought we were getting on well?

(140 Posts)
RumourOfAHurricane Tue 12-May-09 16:10:20

Message withdrawn

summerbird Tue 12-May-09 16:14:00

I think it is fine shineon he might be off work (sickness maybe?) and if so then his work mailbox will get full, mine does at work and sends the same bouncy message back. Ergo if he is off sick then he is at home and not able to email due to broadband issues etc.

I would leave it a day or two, it def doesnt sound like he is blocking you IMHO.

tkband3 Tue 12-May-09 16:15:18

If he's mailing from work, it could be that the server's down at his office. My work mailbox used to frequently fill up and the IT dept would tell me to empty it. So it could well just be that he simply can't email you today for technical reasons.

As you've been having such a laugh over emails, it would be strange for it to suddenly stop, so I'm sure there's a perfectly reasonable explanation, although having lurked on your penguin threads, I can entirely understand your slight paranoia grin.

RumourOfAHurricane Tue 12-May-09 16:18:45

Message withdrawn

GypsyMoth Tue 12-May-09 16:20:24

not got to the texting stage yet?

RumourOfAHurricane Tue 12-May-09 16:22:43

Message withdrawn

GypsyMoth Tue 12-May-09 16:23:47

hmmmm....well could be anything. give it til tomorrow before you feel dumped!!

EffieGadsby Tue 12-May-09 16:25:24

My first thought was the same as tkband3's - server down at work. If it's definitely the right email address. If it is a server issue, he wouldn't be able to set up a new email address to send you a mail from. I wouldn't worry about it until at least tomorrow (then you can go ballistic!).

controlfreakythecontrolfreak Tue 12-May-09 16:25:47

you're investing an awful lot of emotion in someone you've not even met! calm down love!

QuintessentialShadows Tue 12-May-09 16:27:01

Could his work have pulled him up on all the private emailing during working hours?

If the workplace has a webfilter, he could now have been blocked from accessing hotmail from work. (so his mailbox may have filled up)

I find it hard to believe that a person who is so into using the internet at work, wouldnt get a connection at home, how do you know he is not married? I would be suspicious....

RumourOfAHurricane Tue 12-May-09 16:28:07

Message withdrawn

RumourOfAHurricane Tue 12-May-09 16:31:07

Message withdrawn

ChubbyMinge Tue 12-May-09 16:39:01

he could be working grin

seriously, you are going to have to wait way longer than one day to decide a man is not interested in you.

RumourOfAHurricane Tue 12-May-09 16:40:28

Message withdrawn

MummyDragon Tue 12-May-09 16:42:57

Could he be off sick?? Has he been to Mexico recently?

summerbird Tue 12-May-09 16:44:12

hotmail has prob crashed, mine does all the time.

I think you are fiiiiiine smile

RumourOfAHurricane Tue 12-May-09 16:44:45

Message withdrawn

RumourOfAHurricane Tue 12-May-09 16:45:29

Message withdrawn

RumourOfAHurricane Tue 12-May-09 16:46:27

Message withdrawn

MummyDragon Tue 12-May-09 16:47:32

To save me trawling through MN, could you fill me in a little on "cock muncher freak penguin boy"????? He sounds lovely.

BalloonSlayer Tue 12-May-09 16:47:58

Sorry Shineon, my guess is that he's married and DW has found out, hence panic-stricken closure of email account.

sad Sorry

ChubbyMinge Tue 12-May-09 16:48:12

you definitely need to take a chill pill

have you considered masturbation grin

anything to take your mind off becoming all-stalkery

RumourOfAHurricane Tue 12-May-09 16:50:56

Message withdrawn

EffieGadsby Tue 12-May-09 16:51:24

Pull yourself together, woman! If he were not responding to emails, you could fret. But you know he's not even getting them! You would be justified in feeling rejected by hotmail in this situation, but you cannot feel rejected by the bloke over this.

Try to think about something else and see what tomorrow brings.

BalloonSlayer Tue 12-May-09 16:52:25

- Just a thought though . . . this isn't through the same route you met penguin-fancying-cock-muncher is it?

He couldn't have sent round a warning about you could he?

"Beware she who calls herself Shineoncrazydiamond. She may engineer a situation which leaves you soaking wet and freezing cold, standing in the rain outside a penguin sanctuary while a couple of hundred madwomen cheer on from cyberspace."

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now