Talk

Advanced search

To expect the new state of the art sports stadium to have a creche!

(17 Posts)
Rumpel Tue 31-Mar-09 20:23:47

No therefore I am campaigning to get them to reconsider this gross lack of facilities! [grr] angry If you would like to add your support then please feel free to email them at the address below supporting the campaign for a creche facility at The Peak sports stadium opening this weekend in Stirling, Scotland.

TIA.

askus@activestirling.org.uk

Rumpel Wed 01-Apr-09 11:59:56

BUMP - please support me!!!

theLoneFeeder Wed 01-Apr-09 12:31:15

Hi Rumpel - I'm also in Stirling. I'll support you smile.

Littlefish Wed 01-Apr-09 12:45:20

Do many sports stadia around the country have creches? I can't think of any round here that do. In fact, the only gym I can think of that does is a private gym.

Rumpel Wed 01-Apr-09 13:01:06

So? Let's get them in there then! There are no drop in creche facilities here and it is about time there was. Nothing ever changes unless people stand up for what they believe enmass. smile

Rumpel Wed 01-Apr-09 13:54:14

Thanks LONEFEEDER.

gallusbesom Wed 01-Apr-09 19:51:56

I'm in Stirling too I'll support you! I've phoned The Peak only this week to get my DD on the waiting list to get on the waiting list for swimming lessons and they can't guarantee that I can get into the weekend classes even though I work full time. The classes are open to everyone so even if folks could take their DC's during the week they won't restrict the places.

stirlingstar Wed 01-Apr-09 19:57:44

I'll email them too. Rainbow slides (the old Stirling sports centre - closed because the roof fell in...) used to have a drop in creche.

You can use Treehouse at the MacRobert for ad hoc hours if you want to use the Uni sports stuff - you need to book in advance. Not free.

Rumpel Wed 01-Apr-09 20:04:23

Hi ladies thanks - yep treehouse is £5 per hour and with 2 DCs and paying for the gym it just isn't affordable. Please can you tell all your friends colleagues and see if they would be good enough to support us too -I've written to all the local papers too so fingers x they listen.

Rumpel Sat 23-May-09 18:54:57

Finally got a letter from Anne McGuire re The Peak, she attached the response letter she received from Active Stirling/Stirling council which basically says that reviewing the creche uptake at the Rainbow slides they felt a creche would be too expensive and not utilised enough at The Peak. I think they have their research variables squewed to say the least. The creche uptake at Rainbow slides was poor as the facilities were old/a bit dirty so people went elsewhere!

Anway here is the link for my petition and I am not giving up

Please please sign and email to everyone you know
[[www.ipetitions.com/petition/thepeakcrechecampaign/signatures.html ]]

Rumpel Sat 23-May-09 18:55:42

[[www.ipetitions.com/petition/thepeakcrechecampaign/signatures.html ]]

Rumpel Sat 23-May-09 18:57:50

Try again blush

www.ipetitions.com/petition/thepeakcrechecampaign/?e

Rumpel Sat 23-May-09 18:58:13

Hurrah!

noshouting Sat 23-May-09 19:15:15

Signed it

gallusbesom Sat 23-May-09 20:46:34

Signed it

Rumpel Sat 23-May-09 22:28:21

Thanks ladies smile

tess7 Tue 21-Jul-09 18:56:28

Thankyou Rumpel for all your efforts. I was beginning to think I was the only one that has been pestering Active Stirling and The Peak to open a creche. It is ridiculous for them to compare Rainbow Slides with The Peak. The Peak would be inundated with mums and children to use the creche. The Peak staff always say there is no room for a creche???? I dont think many people know about this petition or do they. Have you had many people signing this? What is the outcome so far.
Cheers,
Tess

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now