Talk

Advanced search

To have wanted to pull this woman out of her car and thrash her?

(43 Posts)
KerryMumbles Fri 13-Feb-09 22:56:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

psychomum5 Fri 13-Feb-09 23:00:27

shock @ the lady.

I hate car-park-rageangrysad

harleyd Fri 13-Feb-09 23:01:23

nah, i'da hasta la vista baby to her, and oozy 9mm'd her

KerryMumbles Fri 13-Feb-09 23:01:56

Ponders Fri 13-Feb-09 23:02:39

Nice dialogue between the 2 of you there.

Car park rage all round, no? hmm

KerryMumbles Fri 13-Feb-09 23:04:14

psychomum5 Fri 13-Feb-09 23:04:30

fine ta very much, after a week of hell.

DS2 has had croup and is now on prednisilone for it as it just won;t clear.........3rd bout since xmas, and at 6 he should be growing out of it!!!

added into that I am now reacting to something and am covered in hiveshmm.......<<itchy itchy>>!!!

but, I am MNing with energy, so things are looking up

Dior Fri 13-Feb-09 23:04:50

I would have sworn at you too. When you know damn well that you have done something stupid, the last thing you want is someone moaning at you. The only way to keep 'dignity' is not to let anyone have a go. Sometimes the best thing to antagonise idiots is to drive past, shaking your head patronisingly...

tigerdriver Fri 13-Feb-09 23:07:59

It feels so good for one moment but rage is never good.

I got into a real barney with some obnoxious bloke who was CLEARLY in the wrong the other day. But after much exchanging of the finger, and blaring of the horn (admittedly started by me but HE WAS IN THE WRONG) he stopped his wreck car and started to get out and he was huge but not in a good way. Then I thought that actually I could just have given way EVEN THOUGH IT WAS MY RIGHT OF WAY and as I had DS with me....

So I think, just let it go.

skramble Fri 13-Feb-09 23:15:51

I am always going the wrong way in car parks, but don't tend to swear at people and would attempt to manouvere if I was in the way.

I do find it funny that people get so angry when I am not even blocking them, but hey if thats what they get excited about go for it.

MintChocAddict Fri 13-Feb-09 23:22:18

DH shook his head patronisingly at an elderly lady last week who had performed a stupid manouvere (sp) and she promptly flicked him the middle finger grin LOL

KerryMumbles Fri 13-Feb-09 23:26:09

echt Sat 14-Feb-09 08:04:05

She sounds horrible, but I think, in a car park, the Highway Code doesn't apply. The arrows are advice, not a rule.

This is little consolation for coming across such a colossal arse.

Tn0g Sat 14-Feb-09 08:16:00

I think a lot of people just need to relax and allow for errors and clumsiness, absent- mindeness, lack of driving skills, whatever.

Even if the person reacts a certain way does it mean we have to meet them head on and escalate a situation?

We all go on about how we want a better world, blah, blah, and then in our own daily dealings with others we act like complete rageful loopers.

lizziemun Sat 14-Feb-09 08:26:58

I keep a magazine in the car for moments like this.

I Just turn the engine off and start readinggrin.

I had this happen a few weeks ago and when the lady got out the car and told me to move I just looked at her and asked polite that perhaps she should get her eyes tested as she had come up the exit slope and there are 6ft arrows painted on the road. And I had left enough room for her to turn around and go the right way around the carpark.

DrillBit Sat 14-Feb-09 08:29:16

By echt Sat 14-Feb-09 08:04:05 Add a message | Report post | Contact poster

She sounds horrible, but I think, in a car park, the Highway Code doesn't apply. The arrows are advice, not a rule.

So you dont have a problem with me doing 50 in tescos then and ignoring pedestrain crossings in car parks.?.

Kerry nope you were quite right to react in such a manner. Why is it people think rules only apply to others.

Mooseheart Sat 14-Feb-09 08:32:35

Oh the joys of car park politics...

I remember having to do some last-minute Xmas shopping, with dd1 age 19mths and dd2 age newborn-and-screaming in the back. I wanted to park in a m&t space (there were about three in the whole car park) so I puled aside so as to allow the traffic to continue flowing past, put my blinker on and waited while a shopper got in her car and vacated her space.

Meanwhile, behind me a couple pulled up and waited for the space too. (Only they created a mini traffic jam). Just as the driver vacated the space, the woman in the other waiting car sprung out, stood in the middle of the parking space and authoritatively gestured her husband in. Out sprung their grandchild - a v able bodied looking boy of about 8 - as I sat in disbelief, red mist forming rapidly around me.

Shaking, I buzzed down the window and said, "Excuse me, I've been waiting for this space with my indicator on for ages. I have a v young toddler, a new born baby and a double buggy to manoeuvre!" The woman (and may I add that she and her husband looked like perfectly respectable pillar of the community Daily Mail Reader types) then just flicked up two fingers at me and told me to "Fuck off". In front of her grandchild! shock I then said something quite caustic about how she needed to learn to behave herself in front of children (my older dd was also watching intently). I wheelspan off blush made a dignified exit, pulled into a layby, rang my mum and cried.

ninedragons Sat 14-Feb-09 08:36:54

I think I would have found it impossible to resist the temptation to key "No, YOU fuck off" into their bonnet, Mooseheart.

Mooseheart Sat 14-Feb-09 08:42:55

Oh ninedragons, I wanted to smear dog shit on their windscreen.

bohemianbint Sat 14-Feb-09 08:46:05

tigerdriver - what happened, did you just drive off?

HeadFairy Sat 14-Feb-09 08:58:40

I had some white van man called me a fucking cunt the other day cos he was sitting across a junction I wanted to turn in to and I wound down my window and said "could you move forward a bit please so I can get through?" Those were my exact words and he told me to piss off you fucking cunt. In front of my ds. Nice eh? Some people just need taking out and smacking. I do tend to try and hold my tongue in these situations so I can be smug and take the moral high ground.

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Sat 14-Feb-09 09:19:01

We had a minor prang the other day in a car park in snowy weather, was my Dhs fault as he reversed without looking properly, and bumped someone.

As my DH got out the guy was shaking his head and rolling his eyes in a really slow infuriating manner..but when he saw my DH (who was about twice his size) he was scared!!

All ended well (for him anyway) as DH apologised and there was not a mark on HIS car..

But we need a new bumper...

echt Sat 14-Feb-09 09:31:50

Drillbit - I wasn't saying proper driving doesn't matter, only that I don't think there are the legal protections you could claim on the road, if an accident happened. I was pointing out what I believe to be a fact, though I'd be happy to be corrected on this, not approving the conduct.

HecateQueenOfGhosts Sat 14-Feb-09 10:36:27

KM - as you went past, she rolled down her window and said what?

I think there's a bit missing there. What did she say when she rolled down her window?

HecateQueenOfGhosts Sat 14-Feb-09 10:37:50

Oh never mind. Reread it! She said she'd just pulled out of space.

Apols. blush tiny mind confused by gap.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now