Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to hate "cutest baby" requests on sites like facebook

(15 Posts)
SalBySea Fri 23-Jan-09 18:34:01

I keep getting requests from certain friends to vote for their baby and I hate it.

A) that would be saying their baby is cuter than other FB friend's baby. Yes your baby is cute but so are all well, most, of the babies I know!

and

B) something about tiny little babies winning or loosing, and being ranked on appearance doesn't sit well with me

I keep rejecting their requests but they keep resending them and it is beginning to irk me!

kittywise Fri 23-Jan-09 18:37:37

God i HATE baby comps of any kind, they are really vile.

Saying that I saw this little girl at the dr's today. About 18 months dressed head to toe in pink, pierced ears, necklace, bracelet etc etc.
She looked like Phil Mitchel, she wouldn't have won onewink.

LadyOfWaffle Fri 23-Jan-09 18:39:14

Press always ignore requests from this application/group/person.

SalBySea Fri 23-Jan-09 18:40:59

My mum entered me in a bonny baby comp when I was a few months old. I won a prize - every baby entered won a prize grin so it was pretty harmless. No losers.

Imagine if I accepted one of these requests? all my other friends with babies would see my status say "salbysea thinks baby x is the cutest baby on facebook" - not nice!

SalBySea Fri 23-Jan-09 18:42:34

I always click ignore, but dont want to block every request from those people.

They should just have the courtesy to not keep re-sending these requests to me over and over again if I'm clearly ignoring them shouldnt they?

SalBySea Fri 23-Jan-09 18:43:10

plus its not just one application, there seems to be lots of em

kittywise Fri 23-Jan-09 18:43:54

I actually think that entering a child into any competition based one their looks/personality is so shit.

Kids modeling is also crappy.

tripmum Thu 05-Mar-09 00:47:19

kids modeling is crappy lol your reasons?

MadamDeathstare Thu 05-Mar-09 00:56:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AllThreeWays Thu 05-Mar-09 01:21:41

It is possible that the application itself is sending the repeat requests....very annoying I know, but I don't think your friends are harrassing you (they might be of course)
When you get the request there should be an option where you can ignore requests from THAT application, I won't then ignore all requests from your friends

AllThreeWays Thu 05-Mar-09 01:22:58

oops that should read ..... it won't then ignore

Qally Thu 05-Mar-09 04:12:38

Kittywise, how could we ever buy anything from a catalogue/online, if kid's modelling is crappy? (Genuine question, not being an arse.) I don't think Boden or White Company or John Lewis or M&S are unethical places, and they all need child models. All kids clothing companies seem to use them.

Competitions weird me out, though, they aren't an ideal message to send kids, and must upset more mothers than they please.

mm22bys Thu 05-Mar-09 07:36:37

YANBU.

foxytocin Thu 05-Mar-09 07:40:05

yanbu - that sort of thing is shite, i agree. in fact, i think FB is shite too and not just because I am having a mardy morning.

MinnieMummy Thu 05-Mar-09 07:46:33

YANBU. Shudder at the whole thing. (And obviously, my DCs are especially good-looking grin)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now