Talk

Advanced search

to cancel going out at the last minute because ds is vomiting?

(11 Posts)
deaconblue Wed 14-Jan-09 21:26:53

My friend was due to collect me at 7.10 to go together to a first aid course. Ds ( 2 1/2)was really sick at 7pm. I ran downstairs a few minutes later to call her but she must have already been on route. Anyway she was a bit arsey when she arrived at my house and I explained I couldn't go out because he was still being sick, had woken dd with his crying and I didn't want to leave him. She did come out of her way to collect me but I hope I've not been out of order tonight. He was still puking an hour later and I don't think it was fair to leave DH to deal with it on his own.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Wed 14-Jan-09 21:29:36

imo YANBU at all.

Does your friend have kids? If so she should understand

Hope your ds is better soon

nobodysfool Wed 14-Jan-09 21:31:46

yanbu.
i got shot down in flames a while back on here as i didn't want to go out when ds was ill.I still stand by my decision.You are being a good mum imo.

littleboyblue Wed 14-Jan-09 21:31:55

YANBU in the slightest, you did try to call her.
It's very difficult to leave dc's when they are not well, although he would have been fine with his dad but I prob would have stayed in too, no one beats your mum when you're ill

Smithagain Wed 14-Jan-09 21:32:46

Entirely reasonable. I'm sure if you'd had more than 10 minutes you'd have phoned to let her know - but you couldn't and these things happen. I'd have wanted to stay at home as well.

Lauriefairycake Wed 14-Jan-09 21:33:56

is DH emetophobic?

cos if not he could have handled it right? - I mean with all the threads on here about these awful men in the past few days he wouldn't have randomly sat downstairs drinking beer and farting would he?

llynnnn Wed 14-Jan-09 21:36:50

yanbu - i wouldve done the exact same thing knowing full well if I'd have gone i would've worried the WHOLE time about him!

hope he is ok

scifinerd Wed 14-Jan-09 21:38:33

Your friend is bu not you

deaconblue Wed 14-Jan-09 21:47:27

DH would have coped fine if I had already gone out but it seemed unfair to walk out minutes after ds started being sick. Friend rang the bell as I was carting pukey sheets to washing machine, dd was in bed screaming and dh was trying to clean ds up. She has small children too, perhaps was just annoyed she'd come out of her way to pick me up (although only 5 mins). Have texted to say sorry and offered to still pay for the 1st aid course.

mylifemykids Wed 14-Jan-09 22:00:10

LOL I bet your DH would have gone out if it had been the other way around!

YANBU though, I'd have done the same

pasturesnew Wed 14-Jan-09 22:04:38

YANBU at all. Hope he feels better soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now