Talk

Advanced search

to think it's time dh let this go!

(9 Posts)
Northernlurker Sat 10-Jan-09 21:06:00

11 (yes that's 11 as in more than a decade!) years ago dh and I were newly weds staying for Christmas with his parents. AS we were leaving he asked me if I had the train reservation information and I replied 'No you're the reservations rabbit' blush blush Cringeworthy enough you may think - but it was said in the hearing of his entire family - all of who fell about laughing! Dh was very embarassed and has never let me forget it. He bought it up again tonight and I asked him what the term limit was going to be - he declined to answer. Apparently calling your dh a rabbit in the hearing of his family is one of those things for which you must pay lifelong. So I am being unreasonable to want him to stow it - or was my crime really so greatas to justify bringing it up decades later?

conkertree Sat 10-Jan-09 21:08:42

its stories like that, that make life interesting though - if they all forgot it, I bet you'd miss it.

bronze Sat 10-Jan-09 21:10:11

I would start doing it more often and embarrass him some more. He might leave off then

SwedesInACape Sat 10-Jan-09 21:11:44

Next time he brings it up, tell him to hop it.

FAQtothefuture Sat 10-Jan-09 21:14:03

agree with Conker tree - sorry.

at newly weds (why does it always seem to happen then??) exH and I were busy packing up our little house in Zimbabwe ready to move over here. Most of the stuff stayed behind so we were packing it into boxes. I had a box of sweet (or chocolates, or something - can't remember exactly) to nibble on

I turned round to exH and said

"shut your mouth"

what I meant to say was "shut your eyes and open your mouth" (was going to pop one into his mouth).

That was 9 years ago and we still giggle about it now even though we're no longer togheter grin

LoveBeingAMummy Sat 10-Jan-09 21:21:14

Next time he brings it up say yeah that was really funny wasn't it, or seeing as they all know just call him rabbit in front of his family ALL the time lol

BitOfFun Sat 10-Jan-09 21:24:06

FAQ- that must have been a Freudian slip grin

DevilsAdvocaat Sat 10-Jan-09 21:27:26

lol at op and faq

juneybean Sun 11-Jan-09 00:43:26

ROFL @ Swedes

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now