Talk

Advanced search

to just want to crawl back into bed for the rest of the day?

(13 Posts)
duchesse Wed 07-Jan-09 13:14:42

I have morning all day sickness, a stinking cold, and it's about 5 below outside. Bed seems a highly attractive destination at the moment.

However: I have chickens to clean out, an errand to run (although I can't go anywhere unless and until the car hand brake thaws) and my mum here who know nothing of my pregnancy. How to handle this?

EachPeachPearMum Wed 07-Jan-09 13:16:35

duchesse- you are pg?
COngratulations!!!!!!

blame it on a virus, and go back to bed wink

duchesse Wed 07-Jan-09 13:20:05

Yeah, about 9 weeks (not holding my breath but looking OK so far). Thanks!

Ineedmorechocolatenow Wed 07-Jan-09 13:21:13

Blame it on the cold - stomach flu if you're puking too. Go back to bed. I am as soon as DS goes down for his nap! grin

Lulumama Wed 07-Jan-09 13:21:28

am very glad to hear this lovely news

pretend you have flu and take to your bed

Ineedmorechocolatenow Wed 07-Jan-09 13:21:45

Oh, and huge congrats too xx

Fimbo Wed 07-Jan-09 13:22:10

Congratulations.

Tell your mother you have norovirus and go back to bed.

duchesse Wed 07-Jan-09 13:25:15

The chickens won't mind for another day I suppose. I was feeling great this morning and cleaned the guinea pigs out (one weight off my mind). Having a cold is quite good actually cos it means no heightened sense of smell atm, and less queasiness. Not actually puking (lucky me) but more like indigestion.

mankymummy Wed 07-Jan-09 13:25:20

go back to bed. also, not scare mongering but when i was PG was told by midwife NOT to go near the chickens espec. the poo.

Rowlers Wed 07-Jan-09 13:26:57

Any reason you don't want yor mum to know?
don't know your circumstances so feel free to ignore!

duchesse Wed 07-Jan-09 13:27:13

She may have been confusing chickens and cats, manky... Although maybe chickens can pass on toxoplasmosis. Anyway I grew up in France scoffing unpasteurised cheese so am almost certainly immune to toxo (my sister was tested in London and is immune).

mankymummy Wed 07-Jan-09 14:24:10

I was pg in france and afraid the Brie de Meaux was just too much of a temptation, for me too!!!!

duchesse Wed 07-Jan-09 21:46:00

I didn't, and now am zonked.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now