Talk

Advanced search

to just want to crawl back into bed for the rest of the day?

(13 Posts)
duchesse Wed 07-Jan-09 13:14:42

I have morning all day sickness, a stinking cold, and it's about 5 below outside. Bed seems a highly attractive destination at the moment.

However: I have chickens to clean out, an errand to run (although I can't go anywhere unless and until the car hand brake thaws) and my mum here who know nothing of my pregnancy. How to handle this?

EachPeachPearMum Wed 07-Jan-09 13:16:35

duchesse- you are pg?
COngratulations!!!!!!

blame it on a virus, and go back to bed wink

duchesse Wed 07-Jan-09 13:20:05

Yeah, about 9 weeks (not holding my breath but looking OK so far). Thanks!

Ineedmorechocolatenow Wed 07-Jan-09 13:21:13

Blame it on the cold - stomach flu if you're puking too. Go back to bed. I am as soon as DS goes down for his nap! grin

Lulumama Wed 07-Jan-09 13:21:28

am very glad to hear this lovely news

pretend you have flu and take to your bed

Ineedmorechocolatenow Wed 07-Jan-09 13:21:45

Oh, and huge congrats too xx

Fimbo Wed 07-Jan-09 13:22:10

Congratulations.

Tell your mother you have norovirus and go back to bed.

duchesse Wed 07-Jan-09 13:25:15

The chickens won't mind for another day I suppose. I was feeling great this morning and cleaned the guinea pigs out (one weight off my mind). Having a cold is quite good actually cos it means no heightened sense of smell atm, and less queasiness. Not actually puking (lucky me) but more like indigestion.

mankymummy Wed 07-Jan-09 13:25:20

go back to bed. also, not scare mongering but when i was PG was told by midwife NOT to go near the chickens espec. the poo.

Rowlers Wed 07-Jan-09 13:26:57

Any reason you don't want yor mum to know?
don't know your circumstances so feel free to ignore!

duchesse Wed 07-Jan-09 13:27:13

She may have been confusing chickens and cats, manky... Although maybe chickens can pass on toxoplasmosis. Anyway I grew up in France scoffing unpasteurised cheese so am almost certainly immune to toxo (my sister was tested in London and is immune).

mankymummy Wed 07-Jan-09 14:24:10

I was pg in france and afraid the Brie de Meaux was just too much of a temptation, for me too!!!!

duchesse Wed 07-Jan-09 21:46:00

I didn't, and now am zonked.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: