Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to be sadthat my ds has had a haircut?

(13 Posts)
seeker Mon 05-Jan-09 20:31:06

My ds is 7, and all his life he has insisted on having his hair very long - nearly shoulder length. It's thick and blond and I loved it. He decided last week that he wanted it cut, found a picture of Arthur from Merlin and asked me to take him to the hairdresser with it. It's a fab cut and but looks lovely and he is DELIGHTED with it but my boy has long hair in my mind! sad

southeastastra Mon 05-Jan-09 20:32:21

when they're 7 though long hair would be annoying to him wouldn't it.

MrsSeanBean Mon 05-Jan-09 20:32:56

Ahhh, I can sympathise. I love long hair too. My ds is only 18mths but has masses of blond hair in a kind of pageboy style. I would be sad to see him get it cut when he's older.

dingdongDOZYMAREishigh Mon 05-Jan-09 20:34:24

I totally sympathise...my DS is also a long haired lovely.....past his shoulders, longish fringe and curls....He is one of several in his school..the other day, he said he wanted it cut short like Boy A, his BF. I will hold of as long as possible!

seeker Mon 05-Jan-09 20:38:21

I knew that there would come a time when he wouldn't want it long any more, and I was impressed by his decisiveness - and the style he chose. And I do like it, but I keep on not recognizing the back of his head. And his big sister didn't recognize him for a moment when he met her off the bus today!

minouminou Mon 05-Jan-09 20:48:06

Am sobbing for you - i'm hoping to avoid this in the future. DS, 2, has past-the-shoulder blond wavy locks - very thick and flaxen.....................
sob
it'll grow back
sob

FunkierThanAMosquitosTweeter Mon 05-Jan-09 20:55:36

Sympathy here too, my DS,2 also has long hair and I want him to keep it for ever and ever!
Glad your DS is happy with his new hair though!

seeker Tue 06-Jan-09 10:50:24

Update - he was so proud going into school today! All his friends were gathered round him telling him how nice he looked. I think I'm getting used to it!

MerryMadMarg Tue 06-Jan-09 13:29:34

What on earth would any of you do if you had a DD that wanted to cut her hair short?!!

MrsSeanBean Tue 06-Jan-09 17:13:43

Become despotic I think MadMarge. Along the lines of 'mother knows best'.

I think it is very sad when girls of 11 or so leave primary school and always want to get their lovely long hair cut off.

I am a natural long haired person though, I went through childhood having hair to my waist and the shortest it has ever been was a just above shoulder length bob. I hated having short not so long hair. Long hair is hard work but worth it imo. More versatile and you don't have to fiddle so much as with a shorter style.

IsaacsFabMummy Tue 06-Jan-09 17:16:33

You will get used to it but as a mother it's hard to see your LO's growing up. I'm dreading when i have to take my DS for a haircut.

MrsSeanBean Tue 06-Jan-09 17:23:09

I am dreading it when my ds gets all adolescent and hairy and morose. I want him to stay innocent and cherubic and give me milky kisses. Thankfully he is only 18m so I still have a while!

nappyaddict Thu 15-Jan-09 17:26:03

awww have you got some before and after pics.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now