Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to want to put my wedding ring back on?>

(17 Posts)
stitch Fri 02-Jan-09 13:16:32

i sometimes take it off coz it annoys me, when hands wet etc. but usually put it back on again. basically i feel my hands arent dressed without my rings.
so last week, before the crap hit the fan, i had taken them off. then i didnt put them back on, as a consious decision. but, my hands feel empty now. and i want to put them back on. just sort of hands feel empty without them.
is this weird.

NAB3lovelychildren Fri 02-Jan-09 13:18:21

If you want to wear it, wear it.

BouncingTurtle Fri 02-Jan-09 13:21:35

I haven't worn my rings since before I had ds - my fingers swelled up so they wouldn't fit.
Now I just have fat fingers and need to lose weight for them to fit again! Also keep getting bad eczema on the backs of my hands and fingers.

Ashantai Fri 02-Jan-09 13:22:11

Hmm clearly i need to know more about the crap hitting the fan, before i can make up my mind (and i am clearly very nosy grin)

stitch Fri 02-Jan-09 13:23:00

but nab, it feels hypocritical nto wear it...
or am i just reading too much into it. and should realise it is just a habit and doesnt actually signify anything.

moondog Fri 02-Jan-09 13:24:29

If your dh is/was a twat, why do yuo want to wear a symbol of your union?

stitch Fri 02-Jan-09 13:25:43

separeted from dh on christmas day, with complete and full intentions of getting the divorce through asap.

stitch Fri 02-Jan-09 13:26:32

moony, i dont. that is why i am not weraing it. but, its a habit, and my hands feel weird without them. does that make sense?

smurfgirl Fri 02-Jan-09 13:27:00

Can you maybe sell your rings and get a new ring for you to wear on that hand?

moondog Fri 02-Jan-09 13:27:07

Oh dear. sad
Know it hasn't been good for a while.
Sorry to hear this.
Hope 2009 is a better one for you, Stitch.

BlackEyedDogstar Fri 02-Jan-09 13:28:42

get pretty new rings smile ?

put wedding ones in a little box somewhere.

stitch Fri 02-Jan-09 13:30:40

smile thats an excellent idea.
just get new rings..... why didnt i think of htat. [embarassedm, idiot faced emoticon]

madeindevon2 Fri 02-Jan-09 13:30:43

part exchange rings for new one

paolosgirl Fri 02-Jan-09 13:31:57

Treat yourself to a lovely 'here's to the future' ring and the put the wedding one away would be my advice smile

BouncingTurtle Fri 02-Jan-09 15:31:06

<<BT kicks herself hard>>

Sorry Stitch, I just realised that I've been rather dense.
YA still NBU... You are absolutely doing the right thing but it'll still take some adjustments on you part. After all, I bet this time last year you never would have imagined you would be where you are now sad
Be kind to yourself, of course things will be strange and confusing at the moment.

NAB3lovelychildren Fri 02-Jan-09 15:52:34

Okay, I realise now what you meant. blush sad I think you should buy yourself a ring to wear and put the wedding one away somewhere safe until you decide what to do with it. If you sell it and buy a new ring it will still be connected to your wedding and that doesn't seem what you want right now. Sorry for your separation.

4andnotout Fri 02-Jan-09 16:01:58

If you have dc you could save your rings for them, by dad had to have his wedding ring cut off before his op and was going to throw it away shock so dd1 too it for her treasure box.
Buy a lovely ring that will symbolise a new future and better times ahead!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now