Talk

Advanced search

to expect my neighbour not to go through my paperwork?

(21 Posts)
dilemma456 Thu 01-Jan-09 11:49:36

Message withdrawn

snickersnack Thu 01-Jan-09 11:50:42

Obviously she was out of order. You don't do that. Ignore her. If you're happy with the nursery and can afford it, who cares what she thinks?

KerryMumbles Thu 01-Jan-09 11:59:11

shock

bang out of order.

NumberFour Thu 01-Jan-09 12:01:32

what she did was so bad! really rude. it is clearly none of her business where you send your child, but your papers ARE your business and she was prying. perhaps it would be good to withdraw from this relationship. she will pry again given half a chance.
yuck. horrible thing to do.

Paperchase Thu 01-Jan-09 12:05:16

Bloody Hell.

Very rude. Make sure next time you're at hers you pop upstairs and come down with the line 'I never would have thought you were a 34B - do you stuff?'

SalLikesCoffee Thu 01-Jan-09 12:09:26

How rude! This is obviously none of her business, so ignore her. If she mentions it again, just say that you don't discuss your finances with others, and that you didn't realise you left it blatantly open for all to see. She'll know perfectly well it wasn't. I'd be tempted to make her wait at the front door next time!

SparklyBaubleFeast Thu 01-Jan-09 12:10:59

that's terrible. way out of order.

SparklyBaubleFeast Thu 01-Jan-09 12:11:36

don't you worry about the nursery fees.
i can't believe how ignorant yoru neighbour is!!

rolereversal Thu 01-Jan-09 12:14:52

god that awful, cheeky cow!!

would take absolutely no notice of her, and never lend her anythin again!!

SparklyBaubleFeast Thu 01-Jan-09 12:15:55

don't let her in the house!
imagine if it was your bank statement she was prying at, or your or your dh's payslip!

StayFrostyTheSnowMam Thu 01-Jan-09 12:19:35

It was cheeky enough of her to be peeking in the first place, then to start going on at you about it (especially when you were doing her a favour ffs) actually sounds a bit barking. Some people seem not to have the same sense of boundaries and appropriate behaviour etc as others, has she ever done anything like this before?

AlistairSim Thu 01-Jan-09 12:47:11

I can't believe you're justifying your nursery choice!

The woman is an ill-mannered, nosey bag.

shock

pantomimEDAMe Thu 01-Jan-09 12:52:04

Blimey, that's so extreme it makes the past thread with confessions of checking what reading level visiting children are on seem respectable!

Shameless behaviour.

faeriemoo Thu 01-Jan-09 12:52:34

I'd have told her to get the hell out of my house.

Are you friends with her, or just neighbours? Not that either is excusable of course.

Like someone else commented, her seeing (or nosying) is one thing but to actually comment on it? That took some balls. Is she quite ^all there^?

prettybutterfly Thu 01-Jan-09 13:11:58

Doesn't matter how good the nursery is! Stop feeling you need to justify the nursery and stat objecting to the nosiness! You need a word with this woman next time she pops in!

NAB3lovelychildren Thu 01-Jan-09 13:15:13

shock

Unbelievable.

Clearly she has issues. Take no notice of the stupid woman.

PaulaatMummyKnowsBest Thu 01-Jan-09 17:53:27

OMG

How rude

Even if you had left it out in plain view she had no right to read it.

I work in other peoples' homes and would never dream of reading someone elses paperwork. It is a total invasion of privacy.

LoveMyLapTop Thu 01-Jan-09 17:57:49

nosey cow!
Bad enough to read it but then to tell you she read it.
Nosey AND stupid

cheshirekitty Thu 01-Jan-09 18:36:01

OMG. What a rude cow.

Your money/your choice of nursery. Next time she comes around make sure you have this thread up on the computer for her to look at.

purepurple Thu 01-Jan-09 18:42:10

has she got a hearing problem? when you said you would lend her some milk she must have thought you said "make yourself at home and take bloody liberties". It's an easy mistake to make, after all.

oldraver Thu 01-Jan-09 19:30:31

Is she wearing the milk now ?? I would be sooo tempted

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now