Talk

Advanced search

To wish that New Years Eve was in June? Well, am I?

(7 Posts)
MaureenMLove Wed 31-Dec-08 14:57:41

Its bloody freezing out there and I'm going to a party and my bones ache with cold. I don't want to wear a slinky little number in this weather, I want to wear my roll neck jumper, Timberland boots and thermals! grin Even the thought of having to take off my socks and put open toed shoes on, is sending shivers down my spine!

Its just not right! My body starts shutting down non-essential organs when it gets cold. I'll be a shaddow of my former self by 8pm, when I'm supposed to be going out!

Is it too much to ask, that we pospone this party lark until its a smidge warmer? Well, is it? grin

Kbear Wed 31-Dec-08 15:00:39

LOL - I just posted similar on another thread. Staying in is beckoning but DD and DS will be disappointed if we don't go now.

Are you seriously considering a slinky number, give over woman.

MaureenMLove Wed 31-Dec-08 15:03:00

Oh, leave off! A slinky number with my jeans is probably going to the the limit of my slinkiness! I really need to wean myself off the comfy jumper and slippers though! grin

Kbear Wed 31-Dec-08 15:07:48

I was worried for a minute, thought you might be booking Butlins next. ROFL !!!

MaureenMLove Wed 31-Dec-08 15:11:21

Er no! I don't have any sparkly make-up. You know what though? I am more inclined to do slinky tonight, because the Butlins Babes won't be there, looking me up and down. I won't though, don't worry!

MaureenMLove Wed 31-Dec-08 15:11:56

We're coming home....

Tigurr Thu 01-Jan-09 01:20:41

"Is it too much to ask, that we pospone this party lark until its a smidge warmer? Well, is it? "

Yes very unreasonable... it was a glorious 29c here yesterday (NYE) and is shaping up to be 34c here today. If it got shifted to June it would be a horrid, chilly, 15c or so... brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now