Talk

Advanced search

to think that DH should have come home when he finished work early

(23 Posts)
Divineintervention Fri 19-Dec-08 22:13:37

and not four hours later, pissed. When we have have 4 dcs, youngest is 6 weeks, he has already had a Christmas do from 8.30am - 1am, last week and because I have been home with all four all day on top of bfing and so not getting a whole lot of sleep.
I was so annoyed I told him to Fuck off and didn't let him in and now he's without a phone somewhere, this is only made worse by my parents staying with us right now, as they live abroad and are here for Christmas.
I am so annoyed.

MissisBoot Fri 19-Dec-08 22:15:44

yanbu - but its xmas and he's a man - get him to look after the dc tomorrow so you can have the day in bed with your youngest.

Divineintervention Fri 19-Dec-08 22:18:33

But why is 'he's a man' an excuse, I would have to make sure he was looking after the children before I could do the same, he just assumes that I'm always going to be there. So Boxing day I am taking the two youngest and going sale shopping with my parents whilst his parents, whom I loathe, without telling him. I'm going to say I'm just popping out and not come back all day.

AnyFuckerForAMincePie Fri 19-Dec-08 22:20:18

"he's a man"

is that an excuse for being a dickhead these days?????

DI-you are not BU

Divineintervention Fri 19-Dec-08 22:20:57

I love your name.grin

AnyFuckerForAMincePie Fri 19-Dec-08 22:22:32

thank you smile

and you are a star for doing all that you do, and you deserve a bit of support from your bloke

MissisBoot Fri 19-Dec-08 22:23:05

Its not an excuse - I think sometimes they just don't think. I would be fuming if my dh did this especially with a 6 week old baby.

Make sure you get some rest tomorrow though.

Divineintervention Fri 19-Dec-08 22:23:26

actually, I think I deserve a new bloke!!

DoubleBluff Fri 19-Dec-08 22:24:42

What an arse

yousaidit Fri 19-Dec-08 22:24:43

ah, dh isn't home yet ether. someone was leaving work today. haven't seen dh since he left for work, don't know where he has left car, don't know when he'll be in. we're skint, but he can always piss money up against the wall for a night out. he'ds been complaining all week that he's tired as he helps with dc's night feeds who is 3 months. so, bu staying out on piss he won't be knackered and fit for feck all, just like last week, will he? best part of weekend will be written off coz he'll be knackered, and his mum will be brought up to watch dcs while i haveto ferry him off to gert car. so actually, i don't think i will.

ladystardust Fri 19-Dec-08 22:40:31

No don't.
I don't get this 12 hour drinking session thing (dp on one today).
Done all the 'he works really hard - deserves... I don't know.. something' but don't get AT ALL how 12 hour drinking sesh and a ruined weekend is a reward. hmm

yousaidit Fri 19-Dec-08 22:50:42

No, ladystardust, i cannot equate being wrecked, knackered all weekend, hence ruining my weekend too, me looking after dcs but him whining if i go out with dcs coz he 'isn't getting to spend enough time with them' so i feel tied top the house all weekend. it drives me potty.

he can piss off courtesy of ariva and sort himself out for all i care.

ReinDIORdroppings Fri 19-Dec-08 22:52:52

Message withdrawn

flubdub Sat 20-Dec-08 00:34:09

My dp went out for a pint tonight at 6.15 and with only £3 on him. Six hours later, he still isnt back, and has no phone. hmm
YANBU

flubdub Sat 20-Dec-08 00:35:31

Oh, and ds1 has just had chicken pox, and now ds2 (8mnths) has got ot and is v ill with it, so i cant quite remember what sleep is! Men are twats sometimes. My only place of refuge is the bath!! He can bugger off whenever he wants cos he knows I'll sort the kids out. Ita not fair.

misshardbroom Sat 20-Dec-08 09:48:22

YANBU. This was the source of the biggest fight DH & I ever had.

Divineintervention Sat 20-Dec-08 17:45:09

he came home, after I sent him off, at 3.30am angry.

ilove Sat 20-Dec-08 17:49:01

Where had he been? And is he ashamed of himself?

flubdub Sat 20-Dec-08 20:06:46

angry

Divineintervention Sat 20-Dec-08 20:54:11

He went back and rejoined colleagues and went back to someone's house. He phond at 11.30 to ask if he could come home, I said yes and requested he stayed in the spare room.....he still didn't comehmmangry.
He's doing that melancholy 'I'm sorry and really selfish' shit act. He's ashamed but not enough, as this is not the first time and his 'next day' act is always the same. It just makes me love him less, everytime.
It's not the reliability or me stuck hime free stuff, but that instead of rushing home to be with and help me, or wanting to be with his children he would rather be out with twats om work. There's no battling that, it's just really sad.

Divineintervention Sat 20-Dec-08 20:55:07

My keyboard hates MN!!

Anna8888 Sat 20-Dec-08 20:59:08

I thought he was BU until I read the OP and realised the man has his in laws staying... smile

sazzerbear Sat 20-Dec-08 21:01:33

I wish I could remember what 12 hour drinking sessions were like...those were the dayshmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now