Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to go to the emergency clinic?

(9 Posts)
StefkaSnowAngel Thu 18-Dec-08 08:19:55

Last night I found a lump in my breast. I am absolutly terrified. I called my GP this morning to ask to go to the emergency clinic that they hold each day. It's a case of turning up and hanging around until you get seen. I did it because I just feel really scared and anxious and want to get seen asap but now I feel sort of guilty for not making a normal appointment. I would have had to wait at least a week to be seen in a normal appointment as it is difficult to get one. I already struggle with anxiety issues and I think waiting that long would just send me threw the roof with stress. I guess I am being kind of selfish - I just hope the Dr isn't too pissed off.

mrsgboring Thu 18-Dec-08 08:22:58

I think this is reasonable, Stefka. You should get a hospital appointment within two weeks. I had this scare last year (it was fine) and it was horrible, but I was very promptly seen.

MmeHereWeGoAWassailLindt Thu 18-Dec-08 08:23:27

Go. If you wait for a normal appointment then you will spend your Xmas worried and upset.

Hope that everything is ok.

PurplePillowsInSantasBed Thu 18-Dec-08 08:23:30

TBH The sooner youre seen the better but try not to panic, lots of lumps are fatty tissue or the likes but good luck.

singingtree Thu 18-Dec-08 08:24:37

Agree, don't panic but definitely go and get it checked out, no point in worrying over christmas

StefkaSnowAngel Thu 18-Dec-08 08:29:41

Thanks, I wanted to be seen before Christmas and this was the only way to do it. I am glad to hear that you were seen so promtly - I was thinking I might have to wait several weeks to be seen at a hospital.

babylovessanta Thu 18-Dec-08 09:08:02

Do it!

shrinkingassets Thu 18-Dec-08 09:14:54

This happened to me a while ago. I rang the doc's but didn't tell the receptionist I'd found a lump in my breast. She gave me an appointment for three days later. Then I rang back in tears about two minutes later and said could she find me an appointment more quickly as it was for a lump in my breast. She was absolutely lovely - asked (very kindly) why on earth I hadn't said so in the first place and got me an apopintment for later that morning. I saw the GP, then a consultant very quickly and it all turned out to be fine. I honestly don't think anyone will be in the slightest bit cross that you're using an emergency appointment - but I bet if you told them it was for a lump in your breast they'd find you a regular appointment v quickly anyway.

StefkaSnowAngel Thu 18-Dec-08 11:40:36

Thank you. He was fine. He has referred me to the hospital. He said he didn't think it felt too sinister so that has given me some comfort. Now I just need to try and put it out of my head until I get seen. Not sure that is going to be too easy to do though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now