Talk

Advanced search

our silver wedding anniversary and not one of inlaws remembered

(10 Posts)
hazygirl Tue 16-Dec-08 18:02:51

its 25 years today and they know we struggle with december because our grandson died two years ago on 1st december.
its not for me but for dh ,as my sisters have been down with cards and my mum and dad with silver frame and cards and my friends,so got dozen cards and not one from them ,he has 3 brothers and a sister,none short of cash so can afford a card.
mil is in hospital with broken hip and we have spent since july running after fil and mil,as neither that good,even take them shopping at 7am on saturday when supermarket quiet.
am i been unreasonable to think tight gits sorry want to rant somewhere

ScummyMummy Tue 16-Dec-08 18:04:37

Did you remind them? I would have forgotten too, I'm afraid. Very bad with dates. Why don't you invite them all over for a celebration and then they'll probably all rally round.

Scotia Tue 16-Dec-08 18:05:09

Aw hazygirl, congratulations and Happy Anniversary anyway

hazygirl Tue 16-Dec-08 18:10:54

cheers and i did remind them on weekend when i took fil shoppingx

Cadelaide Tue 16-Dec-08 18:13:04

I always thought wedding anniversaries were just between the couple. I've never given anyone an anniversary card.

Cadelaide Tue 16-Dec-08 18:14:55

Sorry, that sounded harsh, I accept you may have different "rules" in your family.

Oh, and Happy Anniversary! smile

(There. That was a first for me.)

hazygirl Tue 16-Dec-08 18:15:27

i think 25 years putting up with my inlaws deserves a medal and a card

hazygirl Tue 16-Dec-08 18:17:25

thanks cadelaide i never expected one before just on my silver,i shouldnt be suprized mil didnt come to wedding as didnt want her son to marry me.

Alibear1 Tue 16-Dec-08 18:24:58

In my family we don't give cards for anniversaries, it's just between the couple, but in DH's family they give each other cards - different families do things different ways.
I'm guessing that if they have never given a card before then they wouldn't think about giving one this time, if you had thrown a party for it and they came without a card then that would be wrong of them IMO, but I don't think they've done anything wrong in this instance.

Alibear1 Tue 16-Dec-08 18:36:27

Just read that back and it sounded a bit harsh and it wasn't meant to. Sounds like you have a pretty ropey relationship with them, I would just forget about it and enjoy the good wishes from your own family.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now