Talk

Advanced search

Not refuse friendship request from ex-boss ??

(12 Posts)
MamaMaiasaura Sun 02-Nov-08 22:39:47

She sacked me after i asked her for a pay rise - was on £5k and had worked for her for 2 and half years although part of it was on a training scheme. She has now sent a friendship request 10 years later..

Am tempted to add her just to be nosey on her profile but dont really want to speak to her as she shat on me and my sister who also worked for her. She has now emplyed another youngster to shit on.

MamaMaiasaura Sun 02-Nov-08 22:40:24

Ack that should have read to refuse. lol. I am tired!

MamaG Sun 02-Nov-08 22:42:33

YANBU, just don't bother to reply she sounds horrid

littlelamb Sun 02-Nov-08 22:42:58

Ah the politics of Facebook. I am the same- do I add people I hate could love a bit more so I can have a nosey?? I would say yes.I think you can edit it so that she can only see certain bits of your profile if needs be. How very odd that she is looking for you 10 years later though

warthog Sun 02-Nov-08 22:44:33

perhaps she's found her conscience.

MamaMaiasaura Sun 02-Nov-08 22:44:50

I had to phgone my sister as couldnt believe it. Am pmsl. Wont reply to her request (if at all) tonight... She was a complete cow. I have however moved nearer to her and wonder if she has seen me up the school.... hmm that could be it.

warthog Sun 02-Nov-08 22:48:42

well i'm sure it would be very satisfying to ignore her request. i think i might choose that route over the nosey one. or add her to your limited profile list so she can't see anything.

MamaMaiasaura Mon 03-Nov-08 21:36:39

Have thought about it and will not be adding her. Was 12 years ago but she used to reduce me to tears, expect me to work very long hours for very little pay and was a complete cow.

TheSmallClanger Mon 03-Nov-08 22:12:24

She sounds charming. I wouldn't add her.
If you want to nosey, she might have an open profile that can be seen by people she has friend-requested. You could always have a neb and then refuse.

slackrunner Mon 03-Nov-08 22:14:34

I wouldn't add her, she sounds charming! However as SmallClanger says, take a nose at her profile, I bet you can see it as she's requested you as her friend.

MamaMaiasaura Mon 03-Nov-08 22:14:44

tried that - she did limited profile so i dont even get a good nose. tbh though i dont think i care

Liffey Mon 03-Nov-08 22:15:32

I have felt less awkward about ignoring certain friend requests by just sending back a polite friendly but SHORT message.

They usually leave it at that, but you haven't been rude.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now