Talk

Advanced search

to be pissed off that DH didn't tidy the lounge...

(28 Posts)
FlameNPumpkins Sun 02-Nov-08 18:27:32

I took the kids out with my mum for the afternoon.

HE announced (not I asked) that he would get the lounge sorted whilst we were gone.

So, I came back, expecting a lovely tidy lounge to relax in... and it is the same state as when I left.

"I got distracted" (translates to "I played WoW").

I wouldn't have cared about it had he not volunteered to do it. But now I feel all like I have lost something.

AIBU for being upset? part of me thinks hmm I haven't done anything and didn't expect him to, but the other part thinks that I also didn't offer and then not do...

Dabblesinpumpkinmaking Sun 02-Nov-08 18:31:21

yanbu - but not worth being pissed off. tell him to make u a cuppa tea to amke up for it!

Lapsedrunner Sun 02-Nov-08 18:32:30

yabu - life's too short

Miggsie Sun 02-Nov-08 18:33:42

men never notice domestic mess...they just don't.

D

Tortington Sun 02-Nov-08 18:34:01

i hate warcrack type games.

they break families.

Miggsie Sun 02-Nov-08 18:34:05

ignore the last D, it escaped

FlameNPumpkins Sun 02-Nov-08 19:07:21

Ooh don't think we're at breaking family point!

It used to be neither of us saw the mess, then it was just me, now it is both of us (but we are still at neither of us seeing it activity levelblush)

vjg13 Sun 02-Nov-08 19:20:28

There was a big article in the Times yesturday abot WoW widows. The average playing time is 40 hours a week shock

FlameNPumpkins Sun 02-Nov-08 19:27:19

I dread to think what my average MN time is a week wink

TinkerBellesMum Sun 02-Nov-08 19:29:18

Only 40 hours? Lightweights!

Can't say much about WoW addicts as I am one. However, I do set tasks for each day and will take a break to do them or do them on long flights (well, I did before I discoveredn the Bejewelled addon). YANBU, tell him to read the tip on the load up screen that says don't forget to have a lifegrin

FlameNPumpkins Sun 02-Nov-08 19:32:00

His distractions are like mine - sometimes wow, sometimes a book, sometimes something shiney

Miyazaki Sun 02-Nov-08 19:33:14

What is WoW?

FlameNPumpkins Sun 02-Nov-08 19:40:41

world of warcraft

Miyazaki Sun 02-Nov-08 19:58:42

I will wikipedia it. still don't know...

findtheriver Sun 02-Nov-08 20:19:56

It would only be untidy again by tomorrow

TinkerBellesMum Sun 02-Nov-08 20:25:53

It's a computer Fantasy RPG (role playing game) game that's played online with 100s of other people all playing at the same time.

FlameNPumpkins, I've been meaning to start up an MN guild, do you fancy it?

Shoshe Sun 02-Nov-08 20:31:43

I HATE WOW! DH spends far to much time on the bloody thing. (but it does mean I can MN in peace)

dittany Sun 02-Nov-08 20:33:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FlameNPumpkins Sun 02-Nov-08 20:35:35

DH is muttering about me starting playing (I tried when it was in beta)... we have his mate's account we think we can use for me to try out and see if I like it.

You would have to carry a complete noob though blush

FlameNPumpkins Sun 02-Nov-08 20:36:55

Shoshe - spoke to my mum... it was '78ish that my aunt was there, there was insanely heavy snow and my aunt's house was right at the bottom of the hill - they had a load of squaddies come to dig the road clear with shovels for my mum to leave :D

FlameNPumpkins Sun 02-Nov-08 20:42:06

TBM - I am installing now (hmm) Let me know which server you want me on if you fancy it - can play whilst DH does COD etc

Shoshe Sun 02-Nov-08 20:51:38

Flame I lived here then and was snowed in with a 9 month old!

TinkerBellesMum Sun 02-Nov-08 21:52:49

I'm on Earthern Ring, shall we start a thread in Geeky to see who would be interested? We can all work up together, could be fun.

If you've not played since beta then it's changed a lot (has he complained about having to respec? I've had to ask a friend to come out and re-respec me because I have no idea what it all means now!) the changes for WotLK which come sout next week have made huge differences. I did my first Kara run (when I was labour a couple of weeks ago!) and I've never been classed as Kara ready before, didn't have any problems.

FlameNPumpkins Sun 02-Nov-08 22:01:18

Soooooooo much of that just went over my head wink He has whinged about a lot of stuff over time - he keeps leaving it then coming back. WotLK is on order

Will go find you in geeky!

Shoshe! Fran Meachin - she would have had 2 little girls of her own at that time

FlameNPumpkins Sun 02-Nov-08 22:32:35

WoW thread here

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: