Talk

Advanced search

to get seriously cross at the 'well meaning' bitty comments made whilst bf DS yesterday

(22 Posts)

angry

DH has an immature bachelor friend who thought it was hilarious to make bitty comments whilst I was bf DS aged 2 weeks! What made me even more angry was DH not putting a stop to it angry

Lost it with DH, don't think he'll be making that mistake again wink

Katisha Sun 02-Nov-08 15:45:20

Ugh

DorisIsAPinkDragon Sun 02-Nov-08 15:45:44

Good on you for putting your DH right how sad and anally retentive some people can be... a 2 week old FGS !!!

Maybe he can educate his sad morononic friend mate aswell!

Might help remove his bachelor status hmm

I said that he had made something lovely into something sordid, he was suitably chastised.

RedSparklersOnHerHead Sun 02-Nov-08 15:47:16

I would be angry too
I HATE Bitty comments - Have had many myself from my own mum
Take is as them being very immature and ignorant.

oh and this guy is 37 years old aswell!!??

dittany Sun 02-Nov-08 15:47:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

StormInAnECup Sun 02-Nov-08 15:48:26

Message withdrawn

theSuburbanDryad Sun 02-Nov-08 15:51:59

I'm with dittany. None of dh's friends or my friends would be so stupid as to make "bitty" comments (in my hearing, anyway!)

They'd all be shown the door, pronto.

ThePregnantHedgeWitch Sun 02-Nov-08 16:27:05

Message withdrawn

yes at my house, hence my reaction...grr... I refuse to watch Little Britain again in protest.

MrsMattie Sun 02-Nov-08 16:28:42

What a dickhead.

OrmIrian Sun 02-Nov-08 16:29:35

Well-meaning?

angry

BouncingTurtle Sun 02-Nov-08 16:45:15

Tosser! Well done for telling him off, though!

Wonder what you dh's mate would have thought ogf me feeding a 10mo... or some of the other ladies here feeding 2-3 yo!!

ladytophamhatt Sun 02-Nov-08 17:04:51

I would have knocked his head off his shoulders....

He wouldn't be welcome in my home again either.

I fed DD til she was 15mths so not sure what his opinion would be on that either hmm He is one of these people that doesn't think before he speaks and to be honest I find him rather irritating for that reason. Cannot see what DH sees in him, apparently he is good fun on a night out...hmmm...

mabanana Sun 02-Nov-08 19:48:44

I know I will be accused of being humourless, but I don't watch little Britain any more as although Walliams is a talented actor, I think, and Matt Lucas seems a nice bloke, I find the programme so misogynistic. I wasn't in the least surprised to see Walliams making a big thing of supporting Brand.
I have no problem with dark comedy - I think League of Gentlemen was brilliant and terrifying, and Frankie Boyle is an amazing comedian, but the bitty stuff is horrible and affects people's lives.

I'm with you there Mabanana, to me it almost validates people making these types of comments. If you don't like it you are seen as some sour freak.

theSuburbanDryad Sun 02-Nov-08 19:53:17

No - I totally agree with you mabanana.

I liked the first series of Little Britain, but it was mainly funny because of people being able to quote the catchphrases at each other. I feel like I've outgrown it now - there's better, funnier comedy around IMO.

Did you see the American version they did? Can't understand why anyone would find that funny!

I think it has got crueller - with a touch of bullying undertones - with each series.

georgimama Sun 02-Nov-08 19:55:45

Little Britain isn't funny anymore - it's all gay jokes and sexist jokes. Just because one of the actors is gay does not make gay stereotyping OK.

Well DH has been doing everything he can to redeem himself grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now