Talk

Advanced search

to close the curtains and hide....

(44 Posts)
needmorecoffee Fri 31-Oct-08 16:36:21

for when the little thugs come trick and treating, some of them 15 with a face covered by a scarf who then egg your house?

twoluvlykids Fri 31-Oct-08 16:40:05

i'm just about to put a notice on the door saying no treat or treat thanks

my dc's are away, so i'm not in the whole spirit of it anyway....

needmorecoffee Fri 31-Oct-08 16:41:31

the local paper usually does a notice you can put up so went and bought it andnothing in it.

ErnestTheBavarian Fri 31-Oct-08 16:41:55

I'm hiding. Actually dreading ds1 & 2 coming home, and dh, and our 1st ever babysitter ... cos I'll be too terrified of opening the door and finding a TorT there. Guess The<'ll all have to stay locked out tonight.

Tinkerisdead Fri 31-Oct-08 16:44:37

i'll be hiding..at 38 weeks pregnant im not hauling my bum out of my seat all night for teenage hoodlums who have bought a mask and wear a hoodie..blinds are closed!!! i'll eat all the sweets myself grin

twoluvlykids Fri 31-Oct-08 16:44:37

just stuck notice on door - no trick or treat thanks - don't ring, the dog is in a biting mood

hope that'll keep the little blighters away

bah humbug

flourybaps Fri 31-Oct-08 16:47:38

Thought it was just me! Had busy day, just settled dd for nap and sat down, realised I had no bloody sweets for the trick or treaters. I've turned the doorbell off and shut my blinds, they will all think Im a miserable git but I'm not giving them money, Im hiding!!

OldLadyKnowsNothing Fri 31-Oct-08 16:48:30

I live in a farmhouse and the only child around here for miles is eight months old, so I'm not too worried.

Tommy Fri 31-Oct-08 16:57:43

we usually hide in the back of the house.
we're driving down to ILs this evening to avoid them! grin

GYo Fri 31-Oct-08 17:22:19

YANBU
I'm hiding. Always do. Even from the little little kids with parents.
Sorry kids!

flourybaps Fri 31-Oct-08 17:31:35

O dear, I've just had my first lot knock on the door and I ignored it! I felt so mean but no cash in the house and no sweets. blush

needmorecoffee Fri 31-Oct-08 17:33:22

maube I'll put out the dish of apples I got grin

ewwwmy2shoesarefullofblood Fri 31-Oct-08 17:34:03

YANBU
i refuse to do it now.
I used to take dd to the door and help her give out sweets. until ds told me some of them were taking the piss out of her.
add in the shits up the road, and the silly tart down the road who called her a retard.

cyteen Fri 31-Oct-08 17:38:36

YANBU - i'm hiding in the loft grin DP is at a work party this evening and i feel a bit too vulnerable alone in the house with an 8 week old baby [pathetic emoticon].

OrmIrian Fri 31-Oct-08 17:38:49

Aww.... you old meanies! I just had a teeny little skeleton come to the door with his big sister who said 'say thankyou Alfie' grin. Actually I knew them anyway. Don't often get kids I don't know coming.

Mine are off 'terrorising' the neighbours as we speak. A witch and a werewolf. DS#1 has decided he's too grown-up this year and is 'helping' look after DS#2. And hoping for some sweets along the way.

cyteen Fri 31-Oct-08 17:40:31

<<conjures halloween menaces for 2shoes' shitey neighbours>>

OhNooo Fri 31-Oct-08 17:40:45

I have the curtains closed, the lights off and my dd 2 1/2 throwing a tantrum at full volume. Do you think they would notice the screaming?

CatIsSleepy Fri 31-Oct-08 17:42:39

well am feeling like an eejit as have lots of treats but no-one's knocking on my door!

needmorecoffee Fri 31-Oct-08 17:44:32

you'll just have to eat them yourself Cat grin

twoluvlykids Fri 31-Oct-08 17:44:57

just had knock on door, despite note about biting dog and miserable old bag in here.

obviously, they can't read...thought the dog was going to savage the door....

CatIsSleepy Fri 31-Oct-08 17:45:28

well I'll eat the choc but I draw the line at Haribo...

twoluvlykids Fri 31-Oct-08 17:49:39

ooh i love haribo, can you send it round please?

TheWheelsOnTheBusHaveFallenOff Fri 31-Oct-08 17:53:54

YANBU ... had first knock, was giving ds his tea. soon he will be having his bath and then bedtime routine. damned if I'm going to leave him to answer the door. I thought you were only supposed to knock on doors where there is a jack o'lantern lit, or some other similarly festive signs that people are participating?

CatIsSleepy Fri 31-Oct-08 18:01:38

sure, if I don't get any takers twoluvly...
might have to go out on the street and start touting for business soon!

CatIsSleepy Fri 31-Oct-08 18:02:11

trick or treat business, obv
<clarifies hastily>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now